Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Darkthrone's '05 Quicksilver VZ SS series I Ute

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Just thought I'd a share a photo of my 2005 Holden VZ SS series I ute in Quicksilver, bought second hand around 8 years ago roughly, added a hard top, StarCorp Varient 19's, twin 2.5 exhaust, had Chev badges on it so changed them all to Holden, recently had roughly $7,000 worth on work on it as it was pretty rough, oil leaks fixed, new exhaust, new lifters, air con fixed, so on and so on, but now running an absolute dream, no future plans for it at this stage, so here it is.

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s531/AWPfeiffer/UTE_zpshlnmni53.jpg

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Still love the shape of a VZ ute. My favourite.

R

Risky

Very clean straight ute. Nice colour :)

I never liked where they put the V8 badges on the door.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Never noticed the v8 is in a different spot, I always assumed it was same spot as mine. At the bottom of the guard behind the wheel

UTE_zpshlnmni53.jpg

Idea of putting pic here stolen from Panhead

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Yeah I love the VZ's, nice shape, nice interior, I agree with the V8 badges also.

Running an absolute dream now, honestly never felt so good to drive, new VF floor mats put in earlier as well, seats get remoulded on the 30th also.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
So what's so special about these VF floor mats?

R

Risky

I really do like the clean lines the quicksilver does for the ute. If I was out buying a VY-VZ ute new today, I'd go the silver.

I have a dilemma at the moment with mine. Since seeing Darkthrone's ute here I want to replace the rear bumpers & the bottom side mouldings for SS ones. I can still get them from Holden brand new & painting them wont be a hassle. I parked my ute next to John's ute (who repainted my ute) today & I can see the SS ones stand out better as mine just have the painted standard ones. Getting them at trade price compared to RRP I'll be saving nearly $200.