Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Deleting unwanted Samsung apps.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Is it possible to delete unwanted apps that come as standard on Samsung Galaxy phones without affecting the phone's operation?

There are dozens of useless apps on my phone which were pre-installed which i never use amd I'd like to delete if possible.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Is it possible to delete unwanted apps that come as standard on Samsung Galaxy phones without affecting the phone's operation?

There are dozens of useless apps on my phone which were pre-installed which i never use amd I'd like to delete if possible.

Yes. Package Disabler Pro will do it for you... Technically it won't un-install them or delete them but it will fully disable them and hide them.

Play Store Linky

But it's very powerful. Don't disable/hide too many things!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Thanks Raj. I'll check it out but I was hoping to release some more space on the phone and hiding them doesn't do that.

I gather that I'm stuck with the useless things then?

The one that makes me laugh is Samsung Wallet. Sounds like Samsung is into your pocket every time you carry the phone.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
No worries...

As long as you don't have last years (the S6 or S6 Edge) you can install an SD card.

I just got a Galaxy S7 edge on Monday. It comes with 32Gb built in and I added a high speed 64Gb SD card I had laying around at home. It can take up to 200Gb so space shouldn't be an issue.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
RANT:

'Bloatware'. Bastard Rubbish. More junk than you could fit in a skip. And then my S3 has a software glitch which means it can't download anything I *do* want. Which would include 'Package Disabler Pro'.
Playstore 'handbag' is buggered. Shop can't fix it and 'Factory Reset' doesn't help either.

I'd rather have my S1 back where the battery lasted 2 bloody weeks ! not "lookout it's about dead". Seriously this S3 is marginal with a 'dumb' phone.

SaUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV ute
I deleted all the unwanted apps on my S5 by gaining root access to the fone.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Knowing my luck I would 'root' it into a 'brick'.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Root it and install a custom rom or use an xposed module etc

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R

root the phone and just delete what you don't want....