Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Detailing tips.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Well I was going to find where you live to suggest where to do a course at. Ccp does hit the road with their into to detailing which covers washing, drying, claying, machine polishing with random orbital polisher and protecting the paint. Well worth the small fee ($40 for memory).

I would suggest skipping detail world as my opinion is its very sponsor driven and lots of egos there. There is some great info and amazing work done but alot of crap to look through too. Best bet is detail paradise as its a Australian forum, very welcoming there.

Everything else is pretty much covered.

Btw tinny you will shed a tear over what's going to happen to the limo this weekend, there will be qd n tyre shine, then some smoke, strapped down for a tune n power run, some big rooster tails and lots of opposite lock......... Can only mean its kandos weekend car will not look like it just copped a 10 hour detail :D

Cracks me up every time I see photos or footage of the limo in grass events! Enjoy it mate.

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
Cracks me up every time I see photos or footage of the limo in grass events! Enjoy it mate.

I'll try to improve on last years 3rd and go for the W. just got off dyno n reeled off 300rwhp with only a otr n cleaned up stock fuel trims n advance. I'll get u some better vids this year rather then iPhone vid of grass events.

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6
So on the topic of detailing..

What's the trick to engine bays?

Obviously the can of degreaser and high pressure hose not so great..

This may sound insane, but I use the vacuum cleaner on mine - especially if all I'm trying to get rid of is a layer of dust.