Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

diff conversions

A

atreyu

hey. ive got a vp with a 5 speed in it and i think the diff is on its way out. i have a mate who has jus brought a written of vn ss and he is selling parts off it.i was just wondering about the conversion.would it be an lsd as its comming from an ss? also because its a 5 litre is it ok for my v6? what would the ratio be?any help would be good thanks!

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
This is a bolt in swap! The gear ratios are the same from v6 to v8, most vn ss were LSD but i do believe some came out without non LSD. You can check this by getting under the back of the car and if it is LSD there will be a tag bolted on with the backing plate that says high performance LSD. If there is no tag chances are it is single wheeler. Evereything on the diff is identical fom v6 to v8, Hope this helps!

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
diffs the same, ratios the same and lsd was only an option do the turn a wheel test to find out. if both wheels spin the same way then lsd or spooled one goes opposite open wheeler

A

atreyu

thanks for the info guys...ill have to drop in and check that its lsd...but yea good to know its a straight conversion.