Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Disturbing News

Motolove

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V8 6ltr
Just wanted to put it out there for people to know, recently my car was in for a idler tensioner bully replacement and also service. Since getting the car back i noticed the new belt was chewing out and tracking off the pullys. After looking more closely my light weight race harmonic balancer had been replaced with a rusty piece of **** from a wreaking yard and was slapping over over the place. The idler tenshioner pullys had both been replaced out also with standard to suit the dodgey balencer. The bill for this job was over 2000 dollars, i spoke with the boss about this as i trust him and he is now saying the apprentice was ripping off a lot of people including him. This dosent help me get my parts back and makes me wonder what else has been swapped out on my low km car. I have now decided do do all the work on my car myself and i warn others to do the same before someone wreaks your baby. Haven't decided what to do about this or post the business name because the boss is a good guy.... but i still feel robbed

Dynamic Dazz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Wagon
Sounds like my mechanic.......charged me for a VE sump gasket and even made a big deal how expensive they are.......but they use a sealant not a gasket according to Holden.........Mate its a sad fact that honest businesses in general are getting getter harder to find

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Just wanted to put it out there for people to know, recently my car was in for a idler tensioner bully replacement and also service. Since getting the car back i noticed the new belt was chewing out and tracking off the pullys. After looking more closely my light weight race harmonic balancer had been replaced with a rusty piece of **** from a wreaking yard and was slapping over over the place. The idler tenshioner pullys had both been replaced out also with standard to suit the dodgey balencer. The bill for this job was over 2000 dollars, i spoke with the boss about this as i trust him and he is now saying the apprentice was ripping off a lot of people including him. This dosent help me get my parts back and makes me wonder what else has been swapped out on my low km car. I have now decided do do all the work on my car myself and i warn others to do the same before someone wreaks your baby. Haven't decided what to do about this or post the business name because the boss is a good guy.... but i still feel robbed

The good guy boss has admitted wrongdoing at his business so there should be no reason why he shouldn't refund you the $2k &/or replace what was taken.

If he's not keen on doig that, a visit to the local constabulary would be in order.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
If the boss is a good guy he would be replacing the parts the apprentice stole. Great supervision of the apprentice on his behalf aren't tradesmen meant to be checking apprentice's work? Has the apprentice been charged? I'd want to rain blows on the apprentice. Go and get a real mechanic to replace the parts the thief stole and send the workshop the bill you can't trust the so called good guy anywhere near your car I'd punch him in the face all so.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
The boss has admitted the apprentice has been ripping off people including him and the apprentice still works there ? Something sounds dodgy. If he knows it then he is as much to blame as the apprentice. And hes a good bloke ? Sorry id be wanting a full refund and cops involved.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Totally agree that police should become involved. This is a criminal act, nothing less and the boss is just as involved as the "apprentice" (who I suspect doesn't exist,).

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
Idle tensioner, pulley replacement and a service for 2k?

That's theft in itself!

I smell something fishy with this story...a 'boss' blaming his apprentice for ripping people off, including himself?