Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DIY: ECU Scantools/Data Cables

B

brettless

I believe the unit has the new elm327 chip.the laptop was under its own power at time of testing and no inverter was used.The unit did however work on a 2004 ford

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
As you have already got one of theirs, i would try and get it replaced for one based on the elm322. I am surprised that the 327 does not work for the genIII as acording to the data sheets it *should* but I haven't played around with that chip yet.

Mike

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
just so you know guys 1/2 watt 10k resistors work fine aswell and are easier to come across

B

brettless

Hi , I have sent a few emails of to the supplier to get more info but there seems to be a lot of conflicting information im getting.I have a manual for the vehicle i have and it does suggest 2000 and on models are obd2 compliant and i have sent that extract to them.Shall see how i go now.

B

brettless

Hi there, I got that Elm 327 chip to communicate with my car 2 day.I retired it on a ford 2004 and was able to get sensor data,then tried it on a Avantra 2004 5.7litre and it seemed to have a bit of a hiccup then bingo got sensor data out of it.So i tried it again on my Vx 5.7 litre and bingo i could get sensor data,very strange but thing somehow scanning the Avantra jolted it into action,maybe the elm Gm protcol sensing a bit dicky,will see how it goes

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
Try this. send AT SP0 to the cable through hyperterminal or your scan software. This will tell it to try ALL protocols when it has trouble. The chip has a 'feature' to remember the last protocol it used and if you are swapping it around it could get annoying.

For more info check page 11 of the data sheet.

http://www.elmelectronics.com/DSheets/ELM327DS.pdf

Mike

C

Chev_SS

Does anyone know where i can purchase an interface cable for a series II VY commodore SS.

I have downloaded the trial version of EFILIVE but i need the cable.

Thanks

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
I have made an addition for those who have a GENIII and can program microcontrollers.

Mike

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
News just in. EFILIVE has definition files for VX and VY V6's

Mike

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 T5 SDN & VY V6 M35 UTE
michaelw said:
News just in. EFILIVE has definition files for VX and VY V6's

Mike
This sounds like good news, but can you tell us what It means for us now ?

Cheers

Deek