Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DIY LPG removal

evank

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim Series 2 v6
Hi,

I want to get rid of my LPG, its just the basic system, i'm not sure of the exact details.

Can I legally remove it myself in NSW or do I need a qualified LPG certified person to do it? (Im talking about physical removal, not compliance).

I called around a few LPG mechanics they all gave me around same price i.e. $200 but not of them want to have anything to do with the amendment compliance which should be performed at a blue slip station.

If the professionals aren't going to do any compliance can't I do it myself given the amount of information on how to do it myself that is readily available.

Thanks,

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Not legally unfortunately. Ask them what they'd charge to disconnect the high pressure lines and remove the tank - then remove everything else yourself. The ecu wiring will be hacked up, but with some solder, a soldering iron and heat shrink tubing (dual walled stuff is the best) you'll be able to put it back as it was originally