Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Thats absolutly insane, there is no way in hell i would have believed that was done with rollers.
Two thumbs up for effort!

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
google rustoleum paint job or $70 paint job there are allot of people who have done it.

By the way outstanding effort, I recently put 6 months into my paint job and know the effort you put into it, your car turned out very sexy.

just one more thing, a car can also be painted with a brush, if you get the can of paint and place it with the lid off into a shallow pool of boiling water and slow boil the paint, though I wouldnt be game to try it with two pack but ive seen a few cars turn out mirror finish this way, much the same as mirror finish woodwork in a house painted by a real painter.

wilso

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VN Executive Wagon
pics dont work for me
I just updated them, should be working now.

google rustoleum paint job or $70 paint job there are allot of people who have done it.

By the way outstanding effort, I recently put 6 months into my paint job and know the effort you put into it, your car turned out very sexy.

just one more thing, a car can also be painted with a brush, if you get the can of paint and place it with the lid off into a shallow pool of boiling water and slow boil the paint, though I wouldnt be game to try it with two pack but ive seen a few cars turn out mirror finish this way, much the same as mirror finish woodwork in a house painted by a real painter.

Thanks mate!
Yeah rustoleum started it all. I read all the posts on the Mopar forums where it was first posted. Check here (part 1), here (part 2) and here (part 3) for the Mopar threads about this kind of method.

I've also heard of people using this thinned down paint method and using the foam brushes instad of rollers. I kinda did this with my door jams as the roller couldn't fit into most of the nooks etc.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
i would so give this a crack if i had a project car to stuff around with.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
moparts: paint job on a budget!?

i know link a bit late, got sidetracked reading. got me all horned up! girls magna has paint falling to bits and not worth spending much on. I'd do this!

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
the good thing about this is any joe blow can do it if they are willing to put the effort into the prep, it will turn out good.

Spraying is like the prep has to be just as good,a nd the spraying is also crucial, paint to dry and its stuffed, paint to thin it sags and runs, forget pack B on the clear coat, burn car for insurance.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Its made me wanna go to the wreckers and source panels to do this as a side project.

UNKNOWN

DEFECTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR SII BT1 5 Speed
Man that turned out phat!!! Very good job mate.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Absolute brilliant job. I thought we'd see a car looking like it's been painted with Dulux Wash and Wear.

This is the epitome of awesome.