Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do Job agencies undermine democracy?

Are job agencies un- democratic

• Yes they dictate the job market

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • No they are good for society

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Dunno, my mate got me my job

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • who cares Vp_commo you bloody dole bludger!!

Votes: 21 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
There all bullshit, they told me I was "unemployable" so since I'm not on benifits I just don't have to listen to that. Probably they don't get any money to help me either so I imagine that can be a problem :p

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
$33 bucks an hour, man I'd kill to earn anywhere near that.

The thing that shits me about dole bludgers is just that, in Bendigo thats all they do is f*%king bludge

they sit around the mall all day thinking thier **** don't stink, while I'm at work, working my injured (work related) arse off to support my family AND pay for thier welfare.

The ones that don't want to work aren't worth the ground they stand on.

Its the same over here in south perth mate.These people are bring the country down from the inside.

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
yeah it figures..

The Jobsearch website is bloody off tap too, you cannot even contact the employer and 99% of the time you have to apply online which is absolute bullshit because each agencie looks after its own clients first (the ones registered with them).

Dan

yes they look after there own because once they put a person into employment they then claim money off the government.if the person remains in employment for a certain amount of time (i think it used to be around the 3 month mark),they then claim more money from the government.if they pay to put a person through a course or buy them work clothes they claim it back off the government.can anyone see a picture here?

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
As an employer I avoid the agencies like the plague. For the short term they aren't bad but their hourly rate they charge me is very high. I presume they give the employee something at the lower end of the scale but wouldn't know.

Reaper

sounds like your talking about labour hire companys,different to what the OP is talking about.ive worked for them in the past.we were getting about $20 an hour and from what i heard they were charging a **** load more than that

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
sounds like your talking about labour hire companys,different to what the OP is talking about.ive worked for them in the past.we were getting about $20 an hour and from what i heard they were charging a **** load more than that

Yeah - I was talking about labor hire.

Reaper

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Take whatever "****" job they offer, and just keep looking for "better" jobs.

If you're unemployed you're not "better" than any legitimate job you're offered. If you think you are, you need a couple of servings of humble pie.

vp_commo

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exe
Take whatever "****" job they offer, and just keep looking for "better" jobs.

If you're unemployed you're not "better" than any legitimate job you're offered. If you think you are, you need a couple of servings of humble pie.

yes dont get me wrong, I take what i can get. (see. car wash post)
I never said I knocked back a job.
I don't want to argue that point.

I am really hoping I find a way out of this crap and do not have to even go to the job agencies.

thing is these ****s want a resume full of car wash experience and referees..lol
I dont have car wash experience there fore in the eyes of job agencies and brainwashed employers I am incabable of washing a car.
Its a joke.

I dont think it is me that needs humble pie its the employers that think the job agencies are there to make them rich.

Cheers

Dan

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
Whenever i apply for jobs online i steer clear of jobs that look like they are obviously advertised by agencies. To them i am just a name and nothing more. I find more often than not i won't score a job through them but if i go and find a job whereby i am able to deal with the employer i have a better chance of getting the job. They're parasites as far as i am concerned, just like life insurance companies. Doesn't anyone else see they are a scam. Unless you can successfully off yourself without it looking like suicide. And even then the monies no good to you unless you have an accomplice. Hang on i'm getting an idea.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Agencies suck! Most of the people they have on their books are lazy, don't show up when they're meant to or go out for lunch never to return! In the past 2 weeks I've had 2 no shows from agencies, one left at lunch time without telling anybody and hasn't been heard of since and I've given one guy the bullet for being outside smoking when he was meant to be working. So many lazy people out there.....