Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does your house have Christmas Lights?

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
Hi everyone, I spent a good 6 hours today setting up My Chrissy lights around the house......

All the Kids in the area flock to see them on. It all started when I bought a pack of 200 icicle lights a couple of years ago, now I have Gang boards set with timers at every power point near the front of the House..... Almost addictive!!

Looks great, so everyone that passes say's, but I can't help but look for somewhere else to put another set...lol.... I will post some pic's soon,

They are a great part of Christmas... Nothing like stumbling on a street that almost every house is lit up...Looks awesome!!:yeah:

Does anyone else on JC's have lights on their home??

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
Yeh mate i sure do, chucking them up tomorrow actually. few raindeer, big santa, about 1000bud lights and a bunch of the icicle (SP???) a house down the road goes allll out ill grab some pics of mine and theirs soon and post them.

I also want to add that christmas light are awesome. nothing like driving around and seeing some peoples effort even if its just a few lights its great to get into the spirt and the kids love it. :thumbsup:

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Lights....

Taking pic's is harder than I thought... coz they are all flashing.... the camera misses them all!!...lol

The Facia and gutters are covered in lights!! also have icicles along the top of the brickwork, None can be seen in these pic's!!

Attachments

• christmas lights 002.jpg
    christmas lights 002.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 286
  • christmas lights 003.jpg
    christmas lights 003.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 363
  • christmas lights 004.jpg
    christmas lights 004.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 276
  • christmas lights 005.jpg
    christmas lights 005.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Taking pic's is harder than I thought... coz they are all flashing.... the camera misses them all!!...lol

Looks good mate, dad use to put heaps up when i was younger though he hasnt done them for years, i should just get em out tomorrow and put them up hehehe

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Lookin good man, might have to take a drive and check em out, i was plannin on doing a cruise round morno/mt martha a few days before xmas and check em all out.
I love the christmas spirit, its great.
Not as fun as it was when i was a kid, but still....
I cant believe how crazy everyone goes, and how busy everywhere is lol.
We used to COVER our pool shed in lights, and i mean COVER, but last year we didnt do it for some reason, doubt itll get done this year either, they all need replacing... a LOT of work and a fair bit of cash too

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Yup our place is usually nutz but we've toned it down this year a lot we just can't be bothered, we r gonna move early next year and gonna save all our effort for the new house. We used to have lights all over the roof, around the window, around the walls of the house, down the driveway through the garden, we had a huge shooting star on the roof, and being an artist I painted shyteloads of wooden christmas cutouts, santa, reindeer, angels, snowmen, north pole santas villiage, we had elves all through the garden. We used to get everyone stopping and taking photos. This year so far all we have done is put blue icicle lights all around the house and some candy cane lights in the garden. We weren't gonna bother at all but I's hate for our place to be mistaken for a musos house (or similar non christmas celbrating religion)

This year its mainly the inside of the house thats decorated we got something like 20 odd santa statues and the cutest little light up villiage.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Wont be doing it this year as we are going to NZ for a month on the 20th so wont be worth it.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
We do my mums house every year. This year we have around 110 various sets. I will get some images when im there. I didnt have my camera last night when we fired them up for the first time.

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
We do my mums house every year. This year we have around 110 various sets. I will get some images when im there. I didnt have my camera last night when we fired them up for the first time.

Holy crap.... 110 sets!!!???

where do you plug them all in???
I would really like to add some more to mine, but I have one gang board hooked up to each of my power points along the front rooms of the house, and they are all full!!

Maybe get a sparky around and have him put a Huge Board in the roof???

I am going to set all the lights at constant (not Flashing) and take some pic's, no matter how many photo's I took when they were flashing, It never catches them on!!??...lol.