Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dons VR Clubby - More pics added

Clubby_Don

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Clubby 1109 build number
Hi guys

Thought i would start a build thread on my VR Clubsport.
Its a 95 build number 1109 with the T5 tranny..
Basically immaculant condition apart from 3 minor dints that are getting taken out for $180 next week.
Its only got 125xxxk on it all original.
Picked it up for 6k

Mods iv done so far
Hi flow cat and exhaust
HD clutch with new bearings pressure plate and cable
New dizzy coil and ignition module - ignition module gave in on my 3rd day of owning it so replaced all the spark related parts.
All new fuses and relays
6k headlights

I want to get a full respray in the factory colour with a new skirts and front bar as they are a little scratched..
Not looking at doing a lot to it as its my daily..

Let me know what you guys think

Last edited:

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
That looks in pretty good nick.
Aren't the HSV range supposed to have 250kph speedo's though?? or didn't that start until a few years later?

What later model are the wheels from?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
They're Series 3 VS Maloo / VT Clubbie rims Deuce.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

Clubby_Don

Reaction score
Members Ride
That looks in pretty good nick.
Aren't the HSV range supposed to have 250kph speedo's though?? or didn't that start until a few years later?

What later model are the wheels from?

Sorry about the late replys guy been moving house..

Not to sure about the speedo mate but i have been told the rims are a option from the vs models and upwards and are standard on the vt clubbies..
I was told this from a mechanic at the holden dealership i work at who was a mechanic for hsv in the 90s
It is pretty straight apart from 2 small dints

Clubby_Don

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did someone replace the airbag steering wheel to that HSV type? No issues with Roadworthy/Insurance?
As far as i know its the stock standard one.. i have seen ithers aswell with the same wheel..
As for insurance no problem and its passed a blue slip

Update for everyone..
I just got a brand new genuine clubby kit that will be going on and a respray the standard colour..
Im abit worried as i cant get me car up my new driveway with out scraping as it is so im considering a set of g8s to lift it abit..
Iv had problems with the link pin bushes and replaced them and the center bearing in the diff today..
Now the dash lights stopped working so ill pull it apart on the weekend replace bulbs and check the soldering..
After the paint im getting all new suspension with brakes and ill consider pulling the engine out for a good clean up and make everything immaculant inside and out including the undercarage..
My plan is to keep it as stock as possible with a clean street look and inly minor mods like the v8 CAI full exhaust system and a good tune..

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
VR = No airbag last I checked. I would say it's lowered on ultra low springs by the looks. Or worse cut springs. I would look at getting a set of low springs put in to get it back to a decent height. Doubt the current height is legal.

hstlvc

Hostile
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
HSV SENATOR 215i
The VR's come out with steering wheel airbags. My mates VR Clubby has an airbag wheel that he wants removed and Ive seen those non airbag HSV wheels on a VP Clubsport and Senator as standard. Ebay had one but man it was expensive so will play the waiting game!

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
the Airbag was an option still on the VR and wasn't compulsory till the VS.

And the 250kph speedo in the VR was only an option from memory in the Senator/GTS i think, either way mine didn't have it.

My old VR clubsport had the same steering wheel, same colour too :p