Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driver kills 11month old child.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
Going into shock is a hell of a thing, been there myself, you dont really remember what you did hence its name and everyones reactions are always different.

thats true, i remember getting out of the car when my calais was smashed up, waiting for the dust to settle... not knowing if anyone was dead :S

and wondering where the hell the car that was on the trailer had dissapeared to!!!!!!!!!

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Amazing how yet again another elderly person was involved in this accident in one way or another.

the second a younger person in a V8 is involved they are the ones instantly at fault.

Will wait for the police report on this one...so many times you hear witnesses saying they were going so fasssst yet the reports show they were doing the speed limit or just over.

yet another thread I see Minux with his "V8 blinkers" on.

How can you take the side of this fool ?

Doesn't the fact that he legged it from the scene of the accident say something about his character ???

I hope Bubba tears him a new one !!! Thats a tragic story !!!

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Doesn't the fact that he legged it from the scene of the accident say something about his character ???

for gods sake did you not bother reading the rest of the thread?

im sick of people jumping to conclusions. noone knows the facts. im not going to go giving the guy **** over something that may not have been his fault, whether he had been drinking or not

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
for gods sake did you not bother reading the rest of the thread?

im sick of people jumping to conclusions. noone knows the facts. im not going to go giving the guy **** over something that may not have been his fault, whether he had been drinking or not

So we need a physcological report on this one ???

I've witnessed accidents and peoples reaction to them... I'm not niave... people just don't get up and leg it... shock sets in pretty straight away.

People who go into shock don't make conscious decisions... they become lifeless to there surrounds.

Panicking with guilt are reasons to run.

There's no mention of him reacting to try and get some help... he just looked at the damag and fled the scene and then needed restraining.... there's no mention of any physcological state... You would think that would be noted ??? "The driver appeared dazed and in a state of confusion..." or something... no he needed restraining until police arrived.

Damn guilt if you ask me.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
So we need a physcological report on this one ???

I've witnessed accidents and peoples reaction to them... I'm not niave... people just don't get up and leg it... shock sets in pretty straight away.

People who go into shock don't make conscious decisions... they become lifeless to there surrounds.

Panicking with guilt are reasons to run.

There's no mention of him reacting to try and get some help... he just looked at the damag and fled the scene and then needed restraining.... there's no mention of any physcological state... You would think that would be noted ??? "The driver appeared dazed and in a state of confusion..." or something... no he needed restraining until police arrived.

Damn guilt if you ask me.

I'm with you. Panic & Guilt.

Unless the car was stolen or belonged to someone else, legging it was silly, he was always going to get caught at some point down the track.

He was just horrified at what had happened as anyone would - be it accident or act of stupidity.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
:rofl: This is all relating back to a ****ing newspaper article not a police report, how about we wait until that comes out? We all know how truthful newspaper reports are...

As for shock, people react differently, just because YOU react one way doesn't mean others react the same.

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
Some of the info has come from my sister, which has actually come directly from the mother and her sister, as for the police media reports, look back on the last page and you will see I posted a link to the police media report.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
it doesnt say anything in the police report about speeding? it just says he tried to over take 2 cars, doesnt say at warp speed. the Hyundai Elantra could have been going slow and he tried to overtake not knowing that she was going to turn right and cliped her.

Theres a difference in cruising at 60km and gunning it at 60km, theres more foward force involved so it would have been harder for the holden to stop.

but and the end of the day he was drink driving

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
The police report said it all realy. He been drinking, tried to overtake 2 cars and...... Looks like the house roof has some damage too. Must have hit that hard too.

How unlucky for the mum and baby. Very sad indeed.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Some of the info has come from my sister, which has actually come directly from the mother and her sister, as for the police media reports, look back on the last page and you will see I posted a link to the police media report.

deary me....while the drink driving is bad, there is no mention of speed etc. Knowing what most 80 year old idiots on the road drive like chances are they were doing 40 and proceeded to turn right with no indicator. See it every day. Interesting they don't say what the BAC level was.