Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dumb things you've done working on a car?

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
hurts dont it? and takes about two days to heal.

not wrong and to make it worse about 3mins later i soldered the same finger:bang:

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
And thats how you stop the bleeding, cauterize it.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Did your finger have any voltage?

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
na sadly i found no proof of my electrifying personality in my finger lol

v6lux

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 (was VR) V6 Hilux
I nearly died!

It was Falcon XC GS Coupe I was looking at to buy.

It was on top of a steep driveway, on the footpath crest, so easy to get under from the back. It had 4 wheel disk brakes and the seller said the handbrake was sticking.

I said no-prob and climbed under, from the back, and used my finger to release the stuck caliper hand brake lever.

The car lurched backwards, but lucky it was an auto and it was in "Park", and lucky the Park Pawl in the auto transmission worked!

v6lux

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 (was VR) V6 Hilux
I would also like to add that working on a speedway car with a welder in the same area as a battery being charged does result in needing a new battery to replace the perfectly good one that just exploded!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
just remembered another one!

adjusting a carby in an automatic car needs to be done in 'drive' so what i do is wedge a bit of timber in between the seat and the brake. its fine cos' its only idling as you tune it.

anyways, i had finished and got a pretty good stable vacuum, so i gave it a rev (forgetting it was in D) was like "thats revving like s**t, WTF???" so i gave it a really firm WOT rev.

tires lit up like the 4th of july, back of the car kicked out (LSD) and car launched forward about 1/2 a meter, basically knocked me clean off my feet, thought i was gonna get run over by my own car :D

what a dumbarse.

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
we were lifting up the arse of a mates esky rally car to stick the chassis stands under it, and for some unknown reason (at the time) the other 2 guys decided to let go, leaving me hanging on to the bloody thingby myself ! Silly me didn't realise the stands were already in place!

Couldn't lift my arms all night after that

hsvbiggy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kustom VS
yeah i can honestly say i have done a few of these...... but one that come to mind all the time
a few years ago in my 82 VH commy i had 2 neons connected into 1 switch that plugged into my cig lighter socket and worked really well.

so one afternoon after a big day at work i started out to put like 12 neons in a 3 into 1 cig adaptor after about 6 hours ( and very tired ) i plugged it all in and turned the key on and............ nothing until the smoke started coming out i some how got a short but no fuse to cut it out so in the end i cooked my battery.