Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

E 85 lift pump

#Brock

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammmed Slammed Blown VT SS 3:9 Shift Kitted
Just wondering if anyone out there is using there OEM fuel pump as a lift pump to feed the surge tank on a 85 I know you're supposed to have your terminal sealed due to E 85 attracting water and pump possibly shorting out however lots of people are running unsealed terminals.
And also my VT OEM fuel pump Flowz 110 litres per hour under pressure so free-flowing as a lift pump should flow twice that amount correct

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
as long as the pump suits e85 will be ok, water won't be an issue at all with e85 and open terminals u will have more trouble with petrol and water, standard pumps usually don't suit the e85 fuel but can be used just won't last as long

#Brock

Reaction score
Members Ride
So what are your thoughts on a pump filling surge tank with return under no pressure should flow twice as much correct

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if u have the main pump in surge tank to rails then return back to surge tank u won't need a big pump going into the surge tank, with return and a pump keeping the tank full will last a long time before it gets low, to fill surge id just use a 340lph will be plenty, but if u don't have return going into surge then u will need a big pump to keep up for if ur on full throttle for a long time so depends on your power output also

#Brock

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have 410 rwbHp running 10 lb boost Bosch 044 300 lph feeding of 2ltr surge tank to rail 60 lbs injectors then returning to surge. Lift pump fills surge returning to main tank. What size lift pump would you recommend to keeo up if I'm full throttle most of the time. Ive researched that lift pump can be half the amount of feed pump a its not under pressure being free flowing ie filling surge tank overflow returning to main tank.
Will a pump flow twice as much under no pressure
Thanx for the info 07GTS

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if ur returning fuel to the serge then u only really need to keep enough fuel in the surge as to what the injectors are using at WOT so u should be pretty safe most pumps will keep enough flow into the surge for that so just make sure u let enough back out so it dosnt pressurize