Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotec duel fuel.. Any difference..?

Kwt_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY berlina series2
Hi there

My vy 04 run on petrol and gas(non factory).
Just thinking to rebuild the engine as the reading is 308xxxks. And I'm wondering if I want to go with crow cam, is there a difference between engine running on petrol and duel fuel?

What parts I'm looking at to get a bit more power? (List please)

Cheers

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
First, have it converted to lpg injection if it isn't already. Secondly, you'll need to have it dyno tuned to suit. Mixer systems often add a significant restriction in the intake.

You're much better off buying a car that's a v8 on vapor or liquid lpg. You'll be ahead in terms of cost and performance for sure. And economy won't be too much different.

MACE

Reaction score
My vy 04 run on petrol and gas(non factory). Just thinking to rebuild the engine as the reading is 308xxxks. And I'm wondering if I want to go with crow cam, is there a difference between engine running on petrol and duel fuel?"
There will be no issue with camming a car that's on dual fuel, just keep in mind it won't make as much power on gas.

"What parts I'm looking at to get a bit more power? (List please)"
Depending on your budget and how far you would like to go there are a number of options that can be considered. To give you an idea as to the possible options, please refer to the link below:

Knowledgebase -

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Damian