Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Energy Polariser

J

jad

The energy polariser was an idea that someone convinced Peter Brock worked. It was a little black box that was somehow connected up to the car and mysteriously gathered all the lost energy in the car and put it back into the cars engine to make it run better. Holden knew better and didnt let Brock market it because they knew it was just a half baked idea that wouldn't work, this caused the split between Brocks peformance arm HDT and Holden. And so it happened that Holden found a new partner HSV.

J

jad

i remembered the infomation from an article i read in STREET MACHINE ' COMMODORES' a few months ago

PUSHIN

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
3.8L S1 VN & Sr20det 180sx
alright i've spent the last 3 hours or so doing research on vl's, more so toward the Brock side of things, and was trying to look into these polarisers, all i found was "what a stupid idea it was" noone has ever really stated how it was intended to work, so yeah supposably gathered all the lost energy, surely they had a theory on HOW it was going to do it, dont just slap some magnets and resins or whatever it was together and hope for the best...right? in my opinion there has to be a theory that was behind how it was going to work, and from my few hours of research finding nothing, i'm starting to debate on wheather or not anyone actually listened to the plan or not, like yeah don't get me wrong it sounds a bit out of the ordinary, but i'm sure the first designed engine or something woulda been a bit out of the ordinary..? but yeah sounds odd and all, but i still dont know what the theory is, and i wont say its **** and is useless until i either drive two vl's, as close to the same as possible, except the polariser and see if there's any difference, OR be told what the originaly plans, theory, how, what, when, where why who and all the rest of the ****, and then can prove the scientific, or mathmatic (whatever they can come up with that'll prove it) way of how it WON'T work, without any possibility of being incorrect. but yeah i understand sounds stupid and ****, but i wanna know what was originally planned before i go beleiving stuff like this.

EDIT; first off, yes i do understand this is 8 odd years old, second, just did a little more research, i decided to look to buy a polarizer to see what they're worth, then found a "what they do" sheet, possibly made my holden. they do not actually create power or whatever was stated, they use molecules and whatnot, align them and this and that, yada yada yada, long story short its suppose to stop some frequency's of vibrations and noises, cutting out the vibrations makes for smoother power delivery, they therefore beleive you can get slightly more power. the other thing that really caught my eye, was... "It should be noted a vehicle which normally requires high octane leaded fuel, is then able to operate on low octane (92) unleaded fuel. without any ill effects whatsoever when an energy polarizer is fitted" nowi dont know **** about leaded, and unleaded, havent done my research on it as of yet, but still, that caught my eye a bit.

alright, i know how to solve this, that $149,950 director on ebay should be scientifically tested. if the polarizer really does "allign or polarize" the molecules within itself "to the direction of the high energy transmission, and are held in a linked or aligned state" well, i guess it'd probably do what they intended, or theres the other options of two identicle cars one with and one without the polarizer.. probably the better idea.

i understand how in the late 80's this was seen as complete and total utter bullshit, molecules and all the rest of that sciency ****, but shouldn't we be a bit more open minded, science has done us pretty well in some ways, and theres always blowouts within science, things that don't make sense (to the average joe, if not anyone) so whats to say this might not just work a little? :/

Last edited:

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
and you guys are only discovering this now.....i rememeber reading this in SC about 10-15 years ago,
Horse **** if you ask me, the only way to electronically allign molecules in a piece of metal as big as a car is through electromagnets and even then you would need big ones....bigger then the polariser thats for sure.
however if you can find one of these polarisers around...hold onto it as they are worth a fortune now

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
alright i've spent the last 3 hours... ... ...shouldn't we be a bit more open minded...

No :) It WAS tested, and proven to do absolutely nothing. The bogus claim that it allows a high compression engine to run on lower octane fuel is a dead giveaway that it's a complete scam. Throwing in random features that couldn't result from the claimed technical aspects of the device is just pandering to the gullible. Simple fact is, unless those 'reduced vibrations' significantly lowered the heat in the combustion chamber, there's no way in hell it could prevent low octane fuel from pre-igniting in a high-compression engine.

As for comparing two identical cars; this won't work. There is no such thing as an 'identical' car. The power difference would be so minimal if there was any at all, it could be as simple as one of the transmissions slipped 1% more than the other, and your results are worthless.

The whole thing is moot, anyway. It's not as if there are two schools of thought on this, both with evidence on their side. There's one side, which has the benefit of testing to prove that it has zero effect on anything other than driver confidence if they believe it. Then there's the other side which has nothing more than the faith that it works, and not a single piece of empirical evidence to back it up. Much like those who believe in psychics.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I'm feeling old with people discovering this 17 years after it happended (OP 11/03)...I can remember the original broohaha at the time !

Probably more of a placebo effect than anything else.....but I do remember thinking at the time that the "polarised" cars would probably be worth more than a non-polarised car at some point in time. Even if only for novelty value &/or the history that the "device" created.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Peter Brock was a fine racing driver, however it is very clear he wasn't much of a scientist. Some magic box with magnets and crystals in it. It is up there with "power bands" when it comes to real life effects. Lets face it, this box has a relatively small magnet, all it can do is attract metallic compounds to it, that's all and it's not powerful enough to do that really. Crystals look really pretty, but as far as energy fields, yeah... the car stereo has more powerful EM field.

This is a transcript from Enough Rope:
ENOUGH ROPE with Andrew Denton - episode 86: Peter Brock (18/07/2005)

Clearly Denton thinks Brock is a bit fruity in his older age.
Look not to insult the man's memory, he was a great driver, and I always dreamed of driving the mountain like he did. But he should have taken some time off the mountain and gone back to year 9 science. This "Energy Polariser" is just a B.S. box based on a psuedoscience that the motoring and scientific community consider humbug!