Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine light with P0017 code

Ali2023

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6
Hi I am hoping to get some advice I have a 2016 vf2 sv6 holden commodore done 138k on the clock always serviced etc and iv had an engine light come up put my scanner on and then also took it to dealer they came up with same code P0017 crankshaft pos exhaust camshaft position not pausabile bank 1 anyone had this same issue? What did you emd up doing to fix it? They are saying most probably timing chain which is like soooo expensive! I thought maybe a sensor? But apparently they don't usually play up? Thanks for your advice in advance

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
I really hate all the new threads with generic titles. Can you please make the title something more appropriate like 'Engine light with P0017 - V6'

Ali2023

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6
I really hate all the new threads with generic titles. Can you please make the title something more appropriate like 'Engine light with P0017 - V6'
Sorry first time posting have changed..

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
get a second opinion from another mechanic but if it is not the sensor then there is a misalignment being detected between the crank and cam so the chain might be stretched enough to throw the error.
while chains are far better than belts for longevity they are not immune to stretching and causing issues.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Sadly its either a sensor fail or a timing issue as per stooge - both annoying to fix!