Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exauhst assistance & Opinions

BenVzSv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6
Alright I need some help, I've got a Holden Vz Sv6 2004 it's got a stock exauhst on it at the moment and I want a change. I'm about to get my P's just a under a month. Is it worth getting the full system done and worrying about the cops up my ass or just the muffler. I want all your opinions to see what I should do, I really want the full system done 2.25 Xforce but I'm just scared it's gonna make me look stupid with the cops always on my ass. Help?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The 2 1/4" twin X Force is drony and raspy. I used to recommend that system as well as a system that I do, but I have heard too many people say they don't like it and will be pretty loud.

I do a Manta that is twin 2 1/4" but goes into a single 3". It's louder and deeper than stock but not drony or raspy. It has the same amount of mufflers as factory so it's legal. It's below the 91dB as well so you won't get any unwanted attention unless you drive it hard.

I do this system for $495 shipped.

BenVzSv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6
The 2 1/4" twin X Force is drony and raspy. I used to recommend that system as well as a system that I do, but I have heard too many people say they don't like it and will be pretty loud.

I do a Manta that is twin 2 1/4" but goes into a single 3". It's louder and deeper than stock but not drony or raspy. It has the same amount of mufflers as factory so it's legal. It's below the 91dB as well so you won't get any unwanted attention unless you drive it hard.

I do this system for $495 shipped.
Thanks heaps man, I'll let you know about the manta.

BenVzSv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6
With all respect, do you have to get an exhaust? They sound so gh3y on a auto 6(assuming).

Would you consider other mods ?
Haha yeah I know, I couldn't find a manual anywhere down here in SA, yeah I am concidering other mods that would be p plate legal hit me with hem if you got any ideas.

NewbC4KE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV M6 & Monaco M4 125cc 2 Stroke Go Kart
Maybe get some aesthetically pleasing tips for exhaust. Then you will have no worries regarding the five o scoping out your car for noise levels.

I would then focus on stealthy mods if you have the cash and opportunity nice springs / shock combo / sway bars to improve ride handling and stance of vehicle.

Then get some sweeet sweeet looking rims with perhaps some painted calipers to tie it all in together.

Mod your car so its P plater friendly for the next dude.

Or dont bother leave it as it is, drive it and save your money for holidays and fornicating around the world instead cause your young with no responsibility.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Unless you've got a lot more money to do more other mods and still not to have to worry about running costs and other 'expenses' then only sticking a full new system on it is pretty pointless. As NAAF pointed out you still need all the mufflers and resonators and what-not to be legal.

Some good points ^^

BenVzSv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6
Maybe get some aesthetically pleasing tips for exhaust. Then you will have no worries regarding the five o scoping out your car for noise levels.

I would then focus on stealthy mods if you have the cash and opportunity nice springs / shock combo / sway bars to improve ride handling and stance of vehicle.

Then get some sweeet sweeet looking rims with perhaps some painted calipers to tie it all in together.

Or dont bother leave it as it is, drive it and save your money for holidays and fornicating around the world instead cause your young with no responsibility.
Ahhh I see thanks, I've already got new rims in order and preparing the car soon to spray the Calipers, just wanting to see if there's anything else got plenty of money so a budget isn't a problem but the sound of the car now is the problem haha just wanting some extra grunt.

I was having a think about it last night what's people's thoughts of hotdogging the the middle mufflers then maybe keeping it swapping the one way out the back it would that just be worthless and may as well just get the whole system, I just want something with some noise but not enough that you will hear it coming from China. And is Pplate legal.

BenVzSv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6

Ahhh I see thanks, I've already got new rims in order and preparing the car soon to spray the Calipers, just wanting to see if there's anything else got plenty of money so a budget isn't a problem but the sound of the car now is the problem haha just wanting some extra grunt.

I was having a think about it last night what's people's thoughts of hotdogging the the middle mufflers then maybe keeping it swapping the one way out the back it would that just be worthless and may as well just get the whole system, I just want something with some noise but not enough that you will hear it coming from China. And is Pplate legal.

BenVzSv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6