Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fastest Stock commodore ever made??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tekka

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VR Commodore
Just wanted to know is the Vp the fastest stock commodore ever made??

geta

Reaction score
I assume you mean non-v8, non-hsv, non-turbo (vl).

If you remove those from the list, then I believe so, most Internet figures quote around 8.0-8.1s for 0-100

-dave

D

Duck_vp

the vp commodore has the most powerful V6 engine holden have evey made and it produce's 127Kw and can go from 0-100Km in 8 seconds flat it takes the VT 9.7

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
what about the VS 147kw engine? similar weight as a vp.

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Umm I think there is a correction to the VP with the fastest V6, how about the alloytec 190KW
VY were 152kw.
I think he means which commodore itself is the fastest for a stock car?
By the way has anyone got any figures for a 190kw alloytec engine yet as in 0-100km, 0-400m.
As for a VP or VN stock doing 0-100km 8 seconds. I will see it when I believe it.

Cheers,
Jim :cool:

geta

Reaction score
oh yeah, forgot about the alloytec, the new sv6 owns all in terms of N/A factory V6's.

-dave

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
2fast2furiousdude

Please go to attached website. It shows vp doing 0-100 in 8 seconds flat.

http://www.southgate.com.au/history.htm

However, i believe that their way of measuring 0-100 these days would have changed because i whoop stock vp's with my vx s pac and it says mine is 0-100 in 9 secs

D

Duck_vp

The reason why the vp is the fastest, is because of the computers in the vr and up have a speed and power lock on them and that is what slows them down, and that is why when they say the engine in vr and up can do so many Kw's but they can't becase the computer stops it.

also for the car to get that fast depends on the driver

V

VNBOY

i think you will find that other than the Alloytec driven cars, a VN series one is the fastest ( i read it somewhere, ill try and find the article)

they had to reduce the torque onthe series 2 VN's due to too many people slipping out in the wet and they also put the bellmouth on the car as well to further restrict the power.
(i know VP motors had an extra 3 kW but that was at the motor not the wheels, and with less torque it made there figures worse)

dpalomes: the reason youd beat stock VP's these days is because most of them have done nearly 200,000 k's and the motor etc. wont be running as well as it was when it was as new as your car. but yeah youd beat them stock these days.

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
i made the below comment in another thread. you're right. forgot about current SV6 which has a claimed 0-100 time of 6.9. other than that, going by factory figures (if you believe them) base VZ V6 175kw Commodore is still slower than both VN's & VP's. Ecotec and Alloytec are much more powerful and refined engines, however, VN's weighed approx 1300kg's+, VZ's are up around 1550+kg's. as has been mentioned, how torque comes in under acceleration in a VN/VP seems to also make a big diff as to how a VN/VP accelerates. Commodore models VT on have made big improvements with creating a smooth changing auto compared to earlier models & I don't believe Holden are able to acheive this without losing some brute acceleration. i.e, a VN auto changes like 'bang,bang,bang' clutches in auto seem to lock up harder or something (?).

When i brought v6 Calais 3 years ago had the usual honeymoon period (thought it was the ducks nuts) but ended up being a very dissapointing drive. i didn't have g tech back then but estimate 1/4 mile time as high 16's. took calais to The Brock Shop (underwood/brisbane) got it dynoed. in doing so they restored about 10 kw's so it was back to factory figures exactly. they acheived this i believe by cleaning throttle body & some fiddling with computer. after this i changed leads & plugs and fitted ram style cold air intake lots of injector cleaner, 2 1/2" exhaust etc, after all this it felt like it revved twice as hard, can now beat my mate in his stock VP (which was fastest factory stock commo Holden ever made) only thing now that i feel lets calais down is the auto which feels a bit tired. (i drive it like a manual which i've heard stuffs them!)

Status
Not open for further replies.