Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First wash

perfectbluesv6z

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 Z
Its taken me 36 years to get into my first brand new car, what with house and family first. Its like a new born.

jesta83

Supercharged
Reaction score
Website
www.ls1.com.au
Members Ride
MY12.5 Blue Car
I here that mate, mine is the same, to really care for it properly, spare no expense when it comes to really good detailing products. If you need really good advice just ask Car Care Products, they are more than helpful. But definitely buy one of those towels over a chamois :)

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Try and get a natural type NOT synthetic.
Buy the best you can afford.
Try and get one at least 60cm square.
Always soak it before using (obviously in very clean water, gently squeeze the water out (DON'T WRING IT LIKE YOU WOULD A RABBIT'S NECK), as you chamois, don't rub backwards and forwards, spread the chamois out flat and gently drag it across the surface collecting the water as you go.
Squeeze out excess water, rinse in clean water regularly.
DON'T use it on the wheels or any area likely to lick up grease etc. When job completed, give it a really good rinse/wash under the hose.
Make sure there is no dirt, dust etc then hang it up in a shaded position to dry.
Store in a sealed bag (old pillow cases are great) in a dry location.
Ideally the best water to use for washing and rinsing is clean rain water. If in short supply use it only for rinsing. You will find very little if any streaking before you get to chamois off the area.

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
Its taken me 36 years to get into my first brand new car, what with house and family first. Its like a new born.

Shouldve bought a V8

I dry mine with some balled up rags i find on the floor of my car, works a treat.

Nah in all seriousness i use the same cloth from CCP posted above

perfectbluesv6z

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 Z
Right on, Thats how my brother did it. but now to find the best chamois. For some reason that enkafil rings a bell with me. he would put it back in its plastic container still damp and the next time he used it he would just rinse it first straight out of the container.

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
Im over the V8s, just needed something a bit snappy without the fuel bill.

a turtle would do fine. :banstick: might even be slightly faster

Don't buy a chamois they are the worst thing you can use, someone posted up what you should use. If you have problems contact Car Care Products on this forum and talk to them, they'll steer you in the right direction. 40k car ruined by a $4 chamois is the next thread.

perfectbluesv6z

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 Z
My last ride was a VSII 5LTR BT1, and am wanting to sell it, its factory trim and unadulterated. could do with some paint though.