Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting a 220kw vt stroker with 6 speed to a vn

specko

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk injected v8. sv5000
Hi guy's can this be done? Straight bolt in? Motor and 6 speed t56 from vt gts. Vn is an sv5000. Other option is to bolt the stroker motor to the auto and use the vn wiring so I could keep it close to original. Would this engine bolt up to the factory gearbox? Just weighing up some options as I don't see the stroker/6 speed combo up for sale very often.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
You can bolt the stroker up to your existing box using the VN loom and it would work fine - you'd just need to have it tuned to suit the bigger engine.

If you use the t56, you'll probably need to have the tail shaft modified, a crossmember made up and a bit of mucking around for the clutch setup. The exhaust will need modifying, as will the loom. Again, you'll need to have it tuned.

I'd be using the VN loom - it's much harder to adapt the VT loom and computer. I did it on my VS but it was very time consuming and not many people seem to have any interest in tuning the vt pcm's.

specko

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk injected v8. sv5000
Thanks EVY, looks like the simple way to do it. Not to keen to muck around with the wiring or getting a gearbox mount. Let alone pedals and tail shaft

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Thanks EVY, looks like the simple way to do it. Not to keen to muck around with the wiring or getting a gearbox mount. Let alone pedals and tail shaft
Crankshaft in a manual motor has a shallower recess for spigot bush than what a crank for an auto motor has. Just remember to double check that when fitting. I've fitted an auto box behind a manual crank and no issues yet (about 10000km so far)