Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford Probe - Any common faults?

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
you asked not to bag the ford (cockroach) and then complain no one is responding.
cant have it both ways.
Australian Ford Forums - Cougar and Probe
ask a question here, you may get answers. (biased answers)

I know I'll get biased answers if I went on a Ford forum. But I thought that we would have a few decent people on Just Commodores that would give a non-biased answer. Even though I'll prob b getting a Ford.. I'll still be on Just Commodores.

In the future I want a R34 Skyline, I am a member of Skylines Australia forum ... but they are a bunch of losers. I think the crowd on Just Commodores is way better.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
I know I'll get biased answers if I went on a Ford forum. But I thought that we would have a few decent people on Just Commodores that would give a non-biased answer. Even though I'll prob b getting a Ford.. I'll still be on Just Commodores.

In the future I want a R34 Skyline, I am a member of Skylines Australia forum ... but they are a bunch of losers. I think the crowd on Just Commodores is way better.

i understand that but most on here who have fords, will have mostly falcons and some focus, festivas.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
i understand that but most on here who have fords, will have mostly falcons and some focus, festivas.

Hmm I guess so. Maybe some mechanics have come across Probes before? I dunno... Thought I'd ask Just Commodores before I buy one.

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
A mate had one a while ago, the purple one (not that you care about the color) they actually go quite hard and handle not too bad, only problem is finding parts for them. You hardly see them around anymore.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Hmm there seems to be a connection here XD parts may be hard to find. I thought there were lots of Mazda's around.

So... make sure you don't buy a thrashed lemon aye? Might try to get RAC or another mechanic to have a look at one before buying. Even though there is only so much you can see.

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
Problem would be trying to find a headlight or mirror or something, with engine parts there are options.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
My mate had a Ford anal Probe for a few years.
He had the auto and that **** itself. It also started blowing smoke afterit passed 200k, but apart from that it was fine.
It was expensive to get exterior parts for it though...

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
I would love to have a Holden, I like my VS S2 Calais... but I get like 450kms per tank and tats granny driving all the way!!... Holden just doesnt have many small cars. I just need a car that gets me to uni and back and to martial arts and back, but I don't want something like a Matiz.

So my options are quite limited, especially with being at Uni... my budget is <$10k.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
the young fella at work has a probe, nothing major wrong with it, he does have issues when something brakes, they are expensive, and getting replacement parts is getting harder for him. other than that, he has nothign to complain about. good km/tank