Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel tank overflow tube

PirateJoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute, YZF-R6
Hey everyone, I have a vs ute with a fuel smell I have been chasing. I have inspected the tank, lines, breather, charcoal canister lines, and the entire system. Only thing I found was the clear plastic tube which I believe is the overflow is a little perished on the end and look like its broken away from somewhere.
I re routed it and it smells less now.
My question is where does it normally run to or connect (if it does)?
Im just planning on fitting a new tube and if nobody knows ill run it out the back under the tray problem solved. Just wondering where it is normally from factory. Thanks!

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
These fuel tank breather hoses should be connected to the charcoal cannister in the engine bay near the radiator on the drivers side,this activated charcoal in the cannister holds the petrol fumes and vapour thats generated in the fuel tank from the petrol until the engine is started ,then these vapours are fed into the air going into the engine where they are consumed in the combustion process...Its to stop hydrocarbons escaping from the fuel tank out into the atmosphere,so its a good thing to have it all working properly...Plus you wont get a petrol smell when its all working right..

PirateJoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute, YZF-R6
Thanks for the reply didnt think it was to the charcoal tank line but I pulled the tank out this arvo fitted new fuel hose instead of that clear ****. All sorted.