Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gaiter's 06 VZ SS Thunder

R

Risky

The bolt covers you can still get from Holden very cheaply as they were used from the VG-VZ.

My Suzuki Grand Vitara 3dr got hit on the rear passenger side a few months back by an idiot in an old Nissan Navara with a tray. He got no damage but he ended up taking 1/4 of my rear end out. He admitted it was his fault & then I found out later he had no insurance. He changed his story saying that I backed into him & refuses to pay the $3010 to repair my Suzuki. My insurance company know better & are chasing after him. I know how you feel when you get hit by an a**wipe.

Attachments

• 11705126_996143587096354_706937368736264123_n.jpg
    11705126_996143587096354_706937368736264123_n.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 185
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 274

Vegemite

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Calais
The bolt covers you can still get from Holden very cheaply as they were used from the VG-VZ.

My Suzuki Grand Vitara 3dr got hit on the rear passenger side a few months back by an idiot in an old Nissan Navara with a tray. He got no damage but he ended up taking 1/4 of my rear end out. He admitted it was his fault & then I found out later he had no insurance. He changed his story saying that I backed into him & refuses to pay the $3010 to repair my Suzuki. My insurance company know better & are chasing after him. I know how you feel when you get hit by an a**wipe.

Get a dashcam man, That way you have proof of what occurred as the camera doesnt lie.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Hopefully your tow-bar wasn't hit hard, can bend the car's chassis and write it off. Should be safe though, looks like a slow hit with like a 4wd :/ Shattering though

Ah well new respray! Going back to silver or blade badge :p? I prefer silver ;)

Yea, it was a camry and wasn't low speed. She had to pull up from 80. I don't know about badge colour, respray will probably be in the silver but the black has grown on me... Ill see. Yea she didn't know her insurance so probably only CTP. I also gave my insurance company all her details so my excess was waived. Their job to chase it now. Thank god.

Tow Ball was not in, after it is all fixed up it will be going back in that is for sure. As for a write off, I hope not it's insured for fair bit. I'll be getting the assessor to check the chassis this afternoon.

R

Risky

When my suzuki was being repaired, there was a VZ ute that had a Maloo body kit. the damage on it was on the front left quarter. It looked minor but I'm sure the chassis got bent and it was classed as a write-off. It was a nice ute too & I would have bought it for spare parts.

Yours looks an easy fix there Gaiter. Lucky Holden still has parts available but even then the smash repairs your ute is with will be able to source what's needed.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Yea mate, I got under and had a look before I left for work this morning, the tow bar is still straight. Ill put it up on the hoist at work and have a proper look, but it looked ok. Hopefully just parts and spray.

I'm glad it wasn't a front on incident, that's when it gets ugly, like that ute you mentioned. May look minor but it never is on the front end.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Yea, it was a camry and wasn't low speed. She had to pull up from 80. I don't know about badge colour, respray will probably be in the silver but the black has grown on me... Ill see. Yea she didn't know her insurance so probably only CTP. I also gave my insurance company all her details so my excess was waived. Their job to chase it now. Thank god.

Tow Ball was not in, after it is all fixed up it will be going back in that is for sure. As for a write off, I hope not it's insured for fair bit. I'll be getting the assessor to check the chassis this afternoon.

Ah I get what you're saying, but it seems most of the speed was wiped off before hitting (which we should all be glad)

This is my crash when I hit it at 80kph in my old ute. Literally no brakes as he pulled out infront of me

20141217_073445.jpg

received_904653172879878.jpeg

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
OUCH! That sucks man! Yea she had braked, she locked it up and slid into me. Got to also look at the exhaust headers/cats/pipes/brackets to see if it got pushed up and crimped somewhere...