Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gaiter's 06 VZ SS Thunder

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Oh yea, 'near-enough' is not good enough!

R

Risky

This is my crash when I hit it at 80kph in my old ute. Literally no brakes as he pulled out infront of me

The grill did pretty well for itself. Must be a safety feature.

Seriously, glad you walked away from that one intact. Hope you bought a couple of lotto tickets for that.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
I was very lucky, even drove an hour later in the missus car haha!
The next day though, my neck had never been so sore in my life. Lucky the VE has massive crumble zones, safety features, airbags etc. I hope my VY is just as safe.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Alright put it up on the hoist. Exhaust is still intact and straight, no cracks or crimps at joins. Tow bar is straight, chassis straight. Thank god.

On further inspection from underneath the tailgate hinges are twisted.

I cannot open the hardlid anymore. The right lock is jammed locked. Thank god there is nothing in there that I need out anytime soon.

R

Risky

I cannot open the hardlid anymore. The right lock is jammed locked. Thank god there is nothing in there that I need out anytime soon.

Hardlids are expensive & yours look great. I'm sure it'll be able to come free with a bit of persuasion. Replacing locks are easy. Seriously check with your local Holden Spares dealer. You can pretty much get 90% of parts for your ute. I've been testing my local Holden Spares guys where I live & they've been amazed at stuff you can still get.

R

Risky

I was very lucky, even drove an hour later in the missus car haha!
The next day though, my neck had never been so sore in my life. Lucky the VE has massive crumble zones, safety features, airbags etc. I hope my VY is just as safe.

Main thing is that you're okay still here drinking beer. Cos VY's are heading down the scale in value, insurance companies don't like repairing them now cos of the labour costs & some parts are getting harder to get. the reason why I've restored my ute is down the track they will be highly sought after. I'm not giving mine up cos I love it too much.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
This week's project:

Before and After
GQNeQts.jpg
Q0f9Clo.jpg

Paints used
dkfO4UM.jpg

Closer and from different angle
lDcO6jx.jpg

Isn't the same blue. But considering it is under the hood, I'll let it slide for now.

Good little project actually. Masking is a bitch... Started Tuesday night, did like 4-5 coats each layer, finished today. Had to hand paint the wording "6.0" & "Gen - 4", couldn't get the masking tape to play nice.

R

Risky

Looks good. I just did the plastics around the wipers as they looked tired & faded on my ute. Then i did the Grand Vitara's ones. The Ocean Blue highlights it more. I remember the old red engines & how many wanted to repaint those cos it didn't match the body colour.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Well, small update. Dropped her off at the Smash Repairers today. Loaning a Hyundai i20, the difference. It's heart breaking.

Told them I need it back before the 11th, as I have it booked in to get Phreddy-fied on the 12th. Hoping I don't have to reschedule him.

More waiting game... haven't done much lately due to the rear end. Will get back into it once Ive got her back