Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gearbox

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
hey fella's, thanks for the help, ripped the ash tray out lastnight, and disconnected the torque converter from the gearbox, took it for a drive, it still performed like i mentioned above, it's been reconnected now.

how ever i did crack the pan today and had a look inside just to see what contition the oil was in, well, it's going back, there is no oil flow inside the gearbox at all. there was a heap of burnt oil in the pan. i removed the cooling lines to do a flush and fill it back up, and the cooling lines were completly dry, nothing has been going threw the radiator at all. so i got a oil block somewhere. not sure where,

thanks for the help fella's, just goes to show, the simple things are alway's the first thing to look for

cheers
garth

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
QUOTE (MaNiac_VP @ Dec 29 2003, 01:28 PM) THat wire basically interacts with the ECU and tells the tranny when speed is over85 to lock the converter.
ok i'm reading about garth's problems with his tranny. can anyone tell me: does the converter only lock up above 85 clicks?

i will give this a go to see what happens, however i am getting rough drive at speeds below that as well. which may still mean the converter is misbehaving, i don't know.

thanks for your comments garth and others, i am learning more about this

Locksmiff

Reaction score
QUOTE (jules @ Jan 5 2004, 10:55 AM) QUOTE (MaNiac_VP @ Dec 29 2003, 01:28 PM) THat wire basically interacts with the ECU and tells the tranny when speed is over85 to lock the converter.
ok i'm reading about garth's problems with his tranny. can anyone tell me: does the converter only lock up above 85 clicks?

I also think a certain temperature controls it as well.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
really? so if the temp sensor has gone south it may be causing probs. i'll have to read through my gregory's manual, but i am at work right now..

Locksmiff

Reaction score
QUOTE (jules @ Jan 5 2004, 11:08 AM) really? so if the temp sensor has gone south it may be causing probs. i'll have to read through my gregory's manual, but i am at work right now..
No not related to the motor. The autos temp I think. I have the manuals here I will go double check it all etc.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
ok thanks. i will try snipping that wire and see what happens.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
Guy's and girls, got me some good news

riped the gearbag out today, and well replaced the torque converter, guess what? it's sweet, got some good cruising speed now, no slipping, no resistance, gear changes are fine, smoth and easy, it reponds very very good to any acceleration, thanks to everyone out there who replyed to this post, it's working. so watch out cruise here i come

cheers
garth