Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Getting a roadworthy certificate on the Mornington Peninsula

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
Hey everyone,

I just put a deposit on a vp calais 5ltr and I'm picking it up next saturday. I need to get a roadworthy for it, just wondering if anyone knows of a good place on the peninsula to get one done. I just don't want to go to a place who will pick on every single thing wrong. I'm sure there many people have had them done or know someone, so yeah any recommendations fire ahead!

Oh and a question about shift kits... Stage 2 kit, it shifts hard as ****. When I put my foot flat and it changes gear the wheels either lock up, or spin up, because I hear the tyres 'screech'. Which one is it? Or is this not meant to happen?

Cheers everyone!

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Erm, just curious, why WOULDN'T you want them to pick up everything? I guess if you need a dodgy RWC don't go to one of the joints with an RACV sign on the wall, everytime ive been one that has they have fine combed my car.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
i don't mind the things that are really important, but it's an old car... there would be plenty of little things that don't matter that much that some places will pick up. i'm not up for a $2000 bill just for things that don't *need* to be done.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Erm, just curious, why WOULDN'T you want them to pick up everything? I guess if you need a dodgy RWC don't go to one of the joints with an RACV sign on the wall, everytime ive been one that has they have fine combed my car.

Like he said dont go to a place with a RACV yellow sign on the wall they will look at everything and anything to make you not pass

scrabet

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore executive
hey try hutchinson automotive it think thats what its called their in rosebud off colchester road

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
Bay city automotive ive heard are "good" hint hint... they're in franga.
also PMS auto in morno.

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC