Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Getting ripped off

Jonbon11

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt 5ltr clubsport
My clutch was getting stuck to the floor sometimes. I knew it was master cylinder. Because clutch plate etc was replaced with exceedy heavy duty from previous owner. I took the car to premium automotive and they thought with oil all over the trans sump that the rear main had gone (I asked for a quote on clutch repair and replacement Greg quoted $1300 with an average clutch. I wanted heavy duty clutch therefore he quoted $1900. He pulled the trans out found out the clutch was new and a heavy duty one at that. Rear main no probs. slave cylinder replaced and nose cone to replace. He put it all back together with the original clutch and charged nearly $2000 by the time they finished and get this I still have the problem I went in there for. I proved that I knew exactly what I was talking about. I put trust in that if you quoted a
Job found out it was less work than initially you pay less instead i payed more than quoted for a job that wasn't done properly. I'm doing my own mechanics from now on. I found out that I can get warranty parts for half as the mechanics payed. If you want work done and not get ripped of do it yourself. As a qualified engineer I know more than the mechanics do yet I'm a quiet nice person that trust to many people.

Last edited by a moderator:

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Trouble with parts swap attitude of some shops, although he probably only charged what labour and parts cost him( plus his profit of course), I know that doesn't help. It does leave a bad taste in your mouth, some places think we all have money to burn.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
"As a qualified engineer I know more than the mechanics do" but I'll still give it to them to fix and now I'll complain about the price and the job not being done properly :lmao:

Mechanic.jpg

It's always the mechanics fault

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
My clutch was getting stuck to the floor sometimes. I knew it was master cylinder.
As a qualified engineer I know more than the mechanics do yet I'm a quiet nice person that trust to many people.

Did they test drive the car after the repairs were completed?

Being a qualified engineer, one should ask why you didn't replace a simple item like this yourself? Not a really hard item to replace for someone so competant as yourself

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
My clutch was getting stuck to the floor sometimes. I knew it was master cylinder.

Master cylinder...so that thing on top of the engine bay in an easy to reach location.

As a qualified engineer I know more than the mechanics do yet I'm a quiet nice person that trust to many people.

I thought they were called "Sandwich Artists" not "Sandwich Engineers"...and is it an intensive half day course to learn how to put the cheese on right?

Last edited:

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I thought they were called "Sandwitch Artists" not "Sandwich Engineers"...and is it an intensive half day course to learn how to put the cheese on right?
And they still can't make damn sammich. Forget the cheese, what about remembering whether you wanted it fresh or toasted!