Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GM TECH 2 Vetronix scanner & Genuine software GM

Discussion in 'General' started by CAPRILICIOUS WL, Aug 24, 2012.

1. CAPRILICIOUS WL

CAPRILICIOUS WL New Member

Members Ride:
    WL CAPRICE
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  2. FATMOE

FATMOE New Member

Members Ride:
    VY Clubsport R8
    Yeah I bought one on eBay last week for $750, does everything my mechanics tech2 does that he paid $9000 from Bosch lol.

3. Brett_jjj

Brett_jjj New Member

Members Ride:
    vs commodore
    Thats not a genuine tech 2 kit in the above link, its just a chinese cloned copy, although it has the proper aussie software card. Theres places online where you can buy brand new cloned kits for around $450 to $500. The software supplied with the kit in the above link is a bit old, and only does from 1997 to 2011, the later software version does holden models from 1997 to 2012. If you get a cheap kit, but cant get the aussie holden software card with it, then I can help out with the proper aussie holden software.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  4. CAPRILICIOUS WL

Members Ride:
    WL CAPRICE
    Was it the same brand vetronix from the same seller?

5. CAPRILICIOUS WL

Members Ride:
    WL CAPRICE
    Yea, the hand held scanner isn't a GM original tech 2, but the software card is apparently, according to the seller the original GM uses.
    And he also said he is now able to get the latest update which does the 2012 VE.

6. Brett_jjj

Brett_jjj New Member

Members Ride:
    vs commodore
    The software card wont be genuine either, as genuine bosch tech 2 cards are worth around $300 - $400 just for a blank card and around $500 if its loaded with software.. Its most likely a cheap cloned card thats been loaded with aussie software, the same as I supply. Its easy to tell the difference between the two cards, genuine tech 2 cards weigh about double what the cheap cards weigh.
    I can program other tech 2 cards with australian software for $60, or I can supply a complete new cloned card, loaded with the aussie software for $140. I can also supply genuine bosch tech 2 cards loaded with aussie software for around $500 (depending on the aussie dollar as they come from the USA). These genuine cards still work in the cloned tech 2 units.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  7. FATMOE

FATMOE New Member

Members Ride:
    VY Clubsport R8
    Sure was fusccars it is. It's perfect does everything a full priced genuine will do, like mentioned up only up to 2011.

8. CAPRILICIOUS WL

Members Ride:
    WL CAPRICE
    Well that's good to hear. :)

9. Linzi

Linzi New Member

Members Ride:
    VS Acclaim
    Hey sorry to bring up an old thread, but I was just looking at something pretty similar on eBay, it's at about $140 at the moment. Will it do everything its meant to? Like can I clear airbag codes with it and just do everything that my mechanic at the Holden dealer could do with his? Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I don't really have much of an idea when it comes to these things haha, but to me that price seems a bit too good to be true, unless its missing a vital component, or feature or something? Cheers
    2012 GM Tech2 GM Diagnostic Scanner+Candi Kit DHL shipping | eBay

10. Ghost

Ghost Donating Member

Members Ride:
    Vs Commodore Equipe Sedan 1996
    That Looks legit for a cloned unit and yes it will do everything you need and more but its no good buying overseas because the software is probably not Australian and may not work here but Brettjjj can confirm that

11. Linzi

Linzi New Member

Members Ride:
    VS Acclaim
    Oh ok, sweet. Yeah I noticed it has a list of vehicles that can use CAN and theres no commodores in there.. I thought VE commodores at least were CAN? That is if it is what I think it is, with all that stuff like when you can plug an iPad in, and it gives you all your fuel usage and all engine info and stuff?

12. Ghost

Ghost Donating Member

Members Ride:
    Vs Commodore Equipe Sedan 1996
    The car listing is for us even if you buy one here on the PDF disk is all listed as us cars but the user brettJJJ has the Aussie software cards if you do buy it but if you do buy a unit in Aus make sure the listing specify that it comes with the au software

13. acarmody

acarmody Donati..Whoa Green

Members Ride:
    VX Berlina
  14. Brett_jjj

Brett_jjj New Member

Members Ride:
    vs commodore
    Thats nearly $600 delivered, dont pay that much for a kit, Ive found these same kits on a similar website for $460 delivered, ali express I think it was called, so have a good look around before buying one. Most of these kits wont come with the proper aussie holden software card, they mostly come with the holden export card. If getting the aussie software card is a problem, I can help.

15. acarmody

Members Ride:
    VX Berlina
    Aliexpress has a lot of dodgy dealers on it. You wouldn't happen to know a good one would you?

Also do you do cluster reprogramming work (if I don't get a Tech2).

16. Brett_jjj

Brett_jjj New Member

Members Ride:
    vs commodore
    This is the person I bought my tech 2 kit from on ali express. All I can find is the sellers email address, which was ecucool@gmail.com and the kit cost was $480 USD delivered (which was around $460 aussie dollars at the time).. This seller kept in contact etc and the kit arrived fairly quickly (a week or so) considering it came from china. Yeah, I dont really program clusters as such, unless its just changing the cluster settings with the tech2, I probably havent even got the right setup here for out of car cluster programming. Im pretty sure theres a couple of guys on here who can do out of car programming of the cluster, I dont rememebr their names though unfortunately. What was it you needed done?

17. acarmody

Members Ride:
    VX Berlina
    I have a VY Series 2 Executive (at least I think its series 2, its build is September 2003, and I think Series 2 started in August), and I just bought a VY Series 1 cluster from a VY Berlina, eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d , and I would need a few values changed.

I might try talking to my local Holden. I get on well with the parts guy, maybe he can let me talk to a good tech. Otherwise I will just buy one of these Tech2.

18. TazzI

TazzI Envyous Customs

Members Ride:
    VY Acclaim
    I can say confidently that a tech2 isnt going to sort out the series issue! Been playing with my tech2 unit all afternoon checking every possible configuration, fuel settings can only have the total tank size changed or change the configuration to suit a sedan or ute ect.
    Only other way I know for sure to change Series is by eeprom or by custom sent aldl frames.

19. Jxfwsf

Jxfwsf Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    commodore
  20. TazzI

TazzI Envyous Customs

Members Ride:
    VY Acclaim
    Pretty old version of holden card that they are offering! Dont think its aussie version either.