Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Google Chrome Issue

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Hi all, I know about as much about IT as what I know about cars, stuff all, but thought I'd flick a msg on here.

I'm having hassles with Google Chrome, it's been super slow on loading up pages and sometimes is really slow at scrolling up and down pages, just wondering if anyone else has this issue.

Have checked for updates, have taken off extensions, have run malware and virus checkers, but nothing seems to make the process change at all.

Any ideas?

Laptop is brand new, a Acer Aspire ES 15 Celeron Quad Core Processor N3150, what ever the f**k that mans! ha.

Internet is ADSL+2 with Internode, excellent service, have changed modems thinking it might have been on it's way out as it was a few years old, but nothing has changed.

CoffeeMonster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Exec/VE II SSV-Z
Have you tried another browser such as edge/ie/opera/firefox? Would be good to see if the issue is isolated to 1 browser or system wide.

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Have used Edge and is A LOT better but still slightly slow on scrolling though.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I'm using Chrome right now it all seems OK.

CoffeeMonster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Exec/VE II SSV-Z
it's a bit tough to diagnose remotely. i'd say the websites sometimes loading slow issue is unrelated to the slow scrolling, that sounds more like wifi reliability. i was having similar issues myself on cable until i bridged the crappy telstra cable router to my ADSL2 router and run the wifi through that.
i'd normally associate the scrolling lag with graphics drivers not installed. however your laptop is new and running intel HD graphics which i assume are integrated in the CPU.
does it run any better when it's plugged into a power point?
there's one thing you could try:
Open new tab on your Chrome Browser, type chrome://flags/ and hit Enter. Keep scrolling down until you find Smooth Scrolling which is disabled by default.

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
it's a bit tough to diagnose remotely. i'd say the websites sometimes loading slow issue is unrelated to the slow scrolling, that sounds more like wifi reliability. i was having similar issues myself on cable until i bridged the crappy telstra cable router to my ADSL2 router and run the wifi through that.
i'd normally associate the scrolling lag with graphics drivers not installed. however your laptop is new and running intel HD graphics which i assume are integrated in the CPU.
does it run any better when it's plugged into a power point?
there's one thing you could try:
Open new tab on your Chrome Browser, type chrome://flags/ and hit Enter. Keep scrolling down until you find Smooth Scrolling which is disabled by default.

Hey Mate, cheers for the feedback, lappy is plugged in to the wall most of the time actually.

Will suss out what you mentioned above also and get back to you, cheers.

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Noticed a difference until I got onto eBay and scrolled quickly and it couldn't keep up, has to be the Wifi.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Try going into settings~advance~system and uncheck "use hardware acceleration when available"
you can also play with the hidden settings by typing in chrome://flags/ in the address bar of chrome.....but please google before you switch anything on or off ...Meh then again if you stuff it up just uninstall chrome and reinstall it from the latest download....
Chrome has had issues with certain video card/drivers for a while, so you may have to try some different things or google search the issue in regards to your hardware..One last thing if your system is older and 32bit OS, google chrome has stopped support for the 32bit ver of chrome so you may be getting slow downs due to new content that the older browser cant handle...

Ps do you know how to log on to your modem and check the connection details?
check the modem manual for ip address and log in details ...bring up your modem info and check device~info~stats~dsl look at connection speed, SNR and Attenuation ect
or you can try http://www.internode.on.net/support/tools/speed_test/

Last edited:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
probably your internet connection, you aren't over your quota or something are you?