Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gouldinator1's Sv6

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Hey there nice car , what did you do about your third brake light ? Iv been looking at that same wing and also another bob tail one but don't wanna remove my stock one and get in trouble for not having the third brake light , I have got a light for my parcel shelf but bottom part of my window is blacked out ...

Thanks mate, I had the same issue and this was the reason I went with the bob tail over removing the old one and welding up the holes.

The bob tail I got has a light inside it on the underneath of the spoiler. You can't see it in my pictures but it is like the one pictured here HOLDEN VY VZ SENATOR STYLE BOBTAIL SPOILER + LED LIGHT | eBay. Therefore no third brake light issue.

The other idea I had was if I went with a lip or no spoiler getting a unit like they have on the VEs which has the third brake light on the roof.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
hey man, with the Map Light, we swapped my cousins globes and they didn't turn on, i read someone you have to change the wires? is that true? if so which ones?

thanks

Hey Nic92, I picked up these ones, BA9S 5 SMD LED T4W 5050 Bayonet Dash Parker Interior - BRIGHT WHITE | eBay, and they don't have the polarity issue. So mine were just a straight swap.

But if I remember correctly when I took the unit out of the roof on the back there are two wires (green and red I think) screwed down, which I would assume are positive and negative. Flipping those should flip the polarity.

I found a pic, http://i44.tinypic.com/ioq0hw.jpg, it should be the green and red wires that go out to the lights.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
Hey Nic92, I picked up these ones, BA9S 5 SMD LED T4W 5050 Bayonet Dash Parker Interior - BRIGHT WHITE | eBay, and they don't have the polarity issue. So mine were just a straight swap.

But if I remember correctly when I took the unit out of the roof on the back there are two wires (green and red I think) screwed down, which I would assume are positive and negative. Flipping those should flip the polarity.

I found a pic, http://i44.tinypic.com/ioq0hw.jpg, it should be the green and red wires that go out to the lights.

ohh, so it is just switching the wires around, like the positive wire put it on the negative and the negative wire, put it where the positive was. is that right?

thanks mate

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
ohh, so it is just switching the wires around, like the positive wire put it on the negative and the negative wire, put it where the positive was. is that right?

thanks mate

If it is a polarity issue that should fix it, so yes just switch over the wires and see what happens.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
I took a quick pic of the interior with the new lights and another of the third brake light.

Interior
MYlN8o4.png

Brake Light
OtVgkG7.png

Last edited:

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Great work man, glad to see you are still working on the car. How is the stereo sounding, now that it's all run in?
I recently ordered all the same interior globes as you, I'm glad they look good.
You should come out to the next cruise (Friday) if you get a chance.
Cheers,
Anthony.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Great work man, glad to see you are still working on the car. How is the stereo sounding, now that it's all run in?
I recently ordered all the same interior globes as you, I'm glad they look good.
You should come out to the next cruise (Friday) if you get a chance.
Cheers,
Anthony.

Slowly but I am getting things done, as always it is about finding the time and money.

As for the stereo it is sounding great. It took awhile to get rid of all the annoying rattles but now it is nice and clean. I am thoroughly enjoying it.

The interior globes are totally worth doing, gives the interior a nice look.

Unfortunately I can't make the next cruise (Friday) but I hope to catch one soon.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
New headlights arrived today. I will have to get them in on the weekend and see what they look like.

BdgevYL.png

Last edited:

05-VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Looking good mate, will be good to see pics with the new headlights fitted.

Have you thought about getting VZ SS lights for the rear?