Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gouldinator1's Sv6

GoodTimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Thunder Sandman, 6-speed Manual
This here is H1 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343917129.940147.jpg

And this here is H7 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343917143.444644.jpg

I only got those lights about 1 month ago and swear I out H7 in. I'll check in my car tomorrow, I still have the packets in there. Ummm Autobarn, Repco anywhere about $150 a pair, eBay about $70 a pair for genuine. Diamond Vision is a Philliks version. And they have one called Crystal Blue 4300K I'm pretty sure. They are blue as apprised to diamonds white and 4300k is the legal ADR limit. So mine right now are illegal. Your foggies will be H3. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343917417.801352.jpg
And your stock lights will take ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343917496.264942.jpg H4.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
This here is H1...

And this here is H7...

I only got those lights about 1 month ago and swear I out H7 in. I'll check in my car tomorrow, I still have the packets in there. Ummm Autobarn, Repco anywhere about $150 a pair, eBay about $70 a pair for genuine. Diamond Vision is a Philliks version. And they have one called Crystal Blue 4300K I'm pretty sure. They are blue as apprised to diamonds white and 4300k is the legal ADR limit. So mine right now are illegal. Your foggies will be H3.

And your stock lights will take...

Sorry Yeap you were right get H1!!!!!!!!

Thanks heaps GoodTimes but I do have more questions. Doing further research on this I am unclear of what is currently in the headlight. When it says H1 Xenon globes, is that an HID Xenon or an Xenon Halogen globe? (I am thinking it is the later.)

Also the replacement Philips globes are they Halogens or Xenon Halogens, or am I just getting confused with all the different references to Xenon...

GoodTimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Thunder Sandman, 6-speed Manual
Xenon is a chemical. Symbol XE, atomic number 54. Dude just go to an autobarn and get them to show you to the HID section for replacement globes and there should be a little gadget where you press the buttons and it shows the light. There is the normal yellow looking ones, blue and also white. And you just decide from there picking your size. I just got kind of confused with your post. But don't hesitate to ask me anything else.

unregistered

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 S2
Regular Xenon globes are not HID. HIDs have separate transformers to make them run and don't have filaments.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
i thought Xenon was a brand.

Like GoodTimes said, Xenon is an element used in the globe.

Xenon is a chemical. Symbol XE, atomic number 54. Dude just go to an autobarn and get them to show you to the HID section for replacement globes and there should be a little gadget where you press the buttons and it shows the light. There is the normal yellow looking ones, blue and also white. And you just decide from there picking your size. I just got kind of confused with your post. But don't hesitate to ask me anything else.

Yeah I think I confused everyone...I will have to go and check some out. My question really was what are the current standard globes called? H1 Xenon what?

I am probably going to go with the Philips 4000k Blue Vision.

Regular Xenon globes are not HID. HIDs have separate transformers to make them run and don't have filaments.

I thought as much and new HIDs need the extra transformers but it was things like this (under 'A lighting solution for any vehicle.') that had me confused when it said Xenon HID.

Bizzy029

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Black VZ sv6