Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

gravity *spoiler alert*

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
so i watched the movie "gravity" and all the way through the film i was basically blown away. i mean its not realistic, but the concepts in it were pretty staggering. now i could accept the faults through the movie, like the hubble, the ISP and chinese space stations all being lined up neatly to get destroyed by shrapnel and be a quick hop-step and a jump between each other with a simple jetpack, but one thing i couldnt get my head around and just wanted to know peoples thoughts.

so where she lands her craft, looks kinda like... cambodia to me?

she has no shoes

no ID

no money

doesnt speak cambodian (most probably)

she is flying a chinese shuttle so NASA would have no clue she is alive

was anyopne elses first thoughts: "oh yeah, this chick is gonna get raped and sold into slavery"

or am i just a freakoid?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hmmm, my thoughts were similar to yours.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I found the ending was the one incomplete part to the movie. WTF was she?

Don't know about it being Cambodia or any other particular place. But without the necessary identification, it was going to be interesting to convince the locals who she was and how she got there. (I just dropped in from outer space. Can I borrow your mobile to ring home?)

I like Sandra Bullock. I just hope she didn't land somewhere in Iran or North Korea.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Interesting idea. At first I guess people will think she is just an oddly dressed tourist. She could find appropriate apparel, some helpful people, and I suppose she'd make her way back to an American consulate/embassy and take it from there?

When I was in Bali I was never asked for my id.........except at the airport......

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Technically there wouldnt have been a spare craft at the Chinese station for her to use.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
. i mean its not realistic, but the concepts in it were pretty staggering. now i could accept the faults through the movie, like the hubble, the ISP and chinese space stations all being lined up neatly to get destroyed by shrapnel and be a quick hop-step and a jump between each other with a simple jetpack, but one thing i couldnt get my head around and just wanted to know peoples thoughts.

s

Theres alot more wrong with that movie then that

Neil DeGrasse Tyson tweeted these out while watching the film

"Tyson began by suggesting the film should be renamed "Zero Gravity", or perhaps "Angular Momentum", before going on to probe the sci-fi film's logic further.

"Mysteries of #Gravity: Why Bullock, a medical Doctor, is servicing the Hubble Space Telescope,"

he wrote, before adding: "Mysteries of #Gravity: How Hubble (350mi up) ISS (230mi up) & a Chinese Space Station are all in sight lines of one another."

Tyson then tweeted: "Mysteries of #Gravity: When Clooney releases Bullock's tether, he drifts away. In zero-G a single tug brings them together."

He continued: "Mysteries of #Gravity: Why Bullock's hair, in otherwise convincing zero-G scenes, did not float freely on her head."

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
He continued: "Mysteries of #Gravity: Why Bullock's hair, in otherwise convincing zero-G scenes, did not float freely on her head."

It hadn't been washed for awhile............

Cooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline Wagon
When she landed there was a radio communication saying they were sending a search party to get her. Im sure it would be very easy to find her given that the world would have know what happen and been collaborating on the whole issue.

When you watch movies like this you need to ignore the technical issues and just watch it for what it is A movie. If it was meant to be a documentary then it would have been made that way.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
"Mysteries of #Gravity: When Clooney releases Bullock's tether, he drifts away. In zero-G a single tug brings them together."

This is where the movie lost me. In space there is no force pulling him, and pulling on Bullock, once he stopped moving. So no need to cut free. And even if he did cut free, he wouldn't have moved away like he did.

Oh and "Houston in the blind" got a tad annoying. lol

For me, the movie had no real arc, no real story. I kept waiting for it to get going.

Also, in the Soyuz you can't reach the console from the middle seat. Whoever is seated there actually pushes the buttons with a stick or gets one of the other two (under normal circumstances) to push buttons for them.