Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Greatest Aussie band Ever

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
This thread actually all started from watching black sails and the guy in that who plays micheal hutchence in that aussie show. whilst watching that i was getting drunk then i decided to listen to some inxs and realised how many worldwide hit songs they had and now we're here..

Seems in my drunken stupor i did forget about AC/DC. I was drunk and i was wrong. in terms or worldwide success AC/DC is king but they got lucky with English born Brian Johnson. Unlike INXS they found a frontman that could replace bon scott and to the uninformed is better than scott and who as far as they know never existed. But i love AC/DC don't know how i forgot about them maybe i was drunk?

As much as i love chisel (in fact not long after i wrote that i was listening to flame trees) they have not had the international success that the other 2 have. Doesn't mean they arent good but obviously my drunken typing failed to get my point across. (guess i shouldn't mention 2 of the founding members weren't even born in australia:p )

I was thinking more of international success greatness than who's best because as shown here everyone has their own opinion and if you didn't pick one of the 3 i mentioned you're completely wrong :p

And drawnnite something for kate? you got to be ####ing kidding me !!

Let the flaming begin

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
There are plenty of good aussie bands hunters and collectors, the angels, rose tattoo, daddy cool, the divinyls, wolf mother, little river band.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
I was just adding another band to the list pub :p

silverchair and powderfinger are certainly up there aswell.

Hunters and collectors may also have some big hits :thumbsup:

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
killing Heidi and their one good album!

On a more serious note powderfinger have to be up there, especially good was their early slightly grungy stuff.

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
as most have said the best aussie band is and for ever will be ACϟDC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Powderfinger would be up there i agree i like thier music and plenty of their songs.

Silverchair were good... once.... unfortunately their frontman dumped his hot wife and turned homo :p

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Silverchair were awesome up until he went and did that crap with Paul Mac. Friggin nasty after that, I guess coupling veganism with drugs is a really bad thing

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Midnight Oil.