Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Green Wagon Creamed by a Toyota

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
The Wagon has now killed 3 batteries in 3 months.

As it turnes out 2 have dead cells. This could be just bad luck as I dont know where 1 of the batteries originated from - maybe the volksy we had. Dunno.

Anyway I hope it's not a side effect of the accident - wire short. The fuel sender (blue wire was cut and I put a new bit in the loop to get the DTE working. Now I did not find were the wire had been cut.

Could this be draining the life out of the battery?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wow I haven't been in here for ages and what a change, nice work man ;)

Thanks:thumbsup: - It's all hard work if you dont like working on cars - But I love the old VN and so it's been no real trouble at all. And all fixed inside the payout fig from the insurance company. Just took 6 months to get all done - If only I did'nt work weekends all the time....

Just gotta stop the battery draining down.

TA 91 WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII 5.7 LS1
Well id just like to say, wow.

You bought this car back from the dead :)

But I just have one question...

How did it come to the stage where she rear ended you?

That's where I am lost...

But mate, this is a feel good story for all Holden owners.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well id just like to say, wow.

You bought this car back from the dead :)

But I just have one question...

How did it come to the stage where she rear ended you?

That's where I am lost...

But mate, this is a feel good story for all Holden owners.

Thanks - "feel good" it does:thumbsup:

The accident happened on a double lane 80 k zone. The traffic had banked up for a right turn at the lights just down the hill. As the wagon got to the top of the hill (and the traffic had stopped) my daughter hit the picks and stopped the wagon just short of the car in front of her (thanks to the brake upgrade and healthy 215 tyres. As she stopped the car in front of her moved off BUT the little Toyota behind her was still doing 80 - hit the skids and bang pushing the wagon very close to the car in front but missing it. Lucky it had moved.

The Toyota was a write off too with bent front pillar on the drivers side. It was a very big hit and thanks to the tow bar the wagon lives again.

It's running better than ever but for the flat battries.

I may be a bit bias but it is the best sounding VN with a stock exhaust I know of. When it pulls up out the front it catches my ear every time - yep thats the wagon out the front.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well the 88 wagon is finished now with the last 2 chrome strips on the back windows and the rear wiper. (I lost the wiper some how - dont ask dont know how)

The wreckers took pity on me and gave me one.

So she's all finished ready for a polish and some new photos.:)

Last edited:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Chrome strips on the back of the wagon at last as well as the rear wiper. Polish here I come:)

Also had to change the V8 booster that I had fitted last year. Looks like the crash may have put a bit too much stress though it - Dunno. Anyway it was replaced a few weeks ago.

Get the car home and the brakes were not all that flash. Get out to have a look over the car and the 1" master cylinder is GONE.:eek::supersad:

Rang the mechanic and asked for a please explain - Opps was the answer didn't even look. They still had the 1" unit. They fixed her up no charge as you would expect.

Then got to thinking did they swap the booster over? You cant use a V6 booster on a V8 master cylinder - can you?

Last edited:

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
Congrats on getting the Green machine back on the road. Does she still drive the same, as before the accident?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
Congrats on getting the Green machine back on the road. Does she still drive the same, as before the accident?

Thanks - tis great to have it on the road - would of been real sad to see it go the scrap heap.

Dose it go as good - Well almost. Still stops and steers round the round-a-bouts just fine.

But it's a bit like a boat when going through large-ish dips - so when the suspension is about at the max compression it dont feel great - But it has not had a wheel alignment yet either to see if its square between all the wheels. That will happen when the daughter has finished uni for the year and I can have the car for a few days.:)