Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Guide to removing vy/vz steering wheel

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
If all power is still cut then you should be fine.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Well thanks Juzo, just used your How-to to change stereo controls and all went well. Only had to take off airbag, but wouldn't have known how if not for this guide. Cheers.

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
hey i just reinstalled the airbag and steering wheel. but now on my display it keeps showing SRS AIRBAG FAULT. What Do i Do??? the horn and everything work fine

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
You sure all wires were reconnected properly? I just did my VY and no prob. If you disconnect it all again as per the how-to and check all wires, etc. Maybe you've missed something? Either way I'm pretty sure you'll have to get the fault cleared with a Tech 2.

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
damn it, well i gotta pull it out again anyway, i rushed the alignment and the steering wheels crooked when you wanna steer straight
:(

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Hey Henrytad, how did you go?

MOIRAE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII 6.2LS3 Calais
I did this today....

But managed to **** it up and reconnect the battery without the bag properly connected. SO I have the damn error.

VY wheels will fit on a VZ but some have a different design on the back of the cast aluminium surrounding the spline.

To fit onto a VZ without any backwards and forwards movement, they need to be filed down a bit to not inhibit the spline from seating 100%.

Kinda annoying. And it is why I damn well stuffed up my install and now have to pay a visit to holden to get rid of the damn error.

kblume

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina V6
When u fit everything back up, make sure u reconnect the airbag wire if u dont the airbag can go off

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but how the F is the airbag gonna go off if IT IS NOT CONNECTED??? :)

bitpimp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ acclaim wagon
Can someone please expand on the whole "VY steering wheel not sitting right in a VZ" area and what it is that actually gets filed of ?
Put in a VY leather steering wheel into a VZ and after a very short drive i can swear it fills heavier/stiffer but not conclusive yet... :hmmm:

hsv i had one

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY wagon / VZ Lumina
I am having MASSIVE problems removing the airbag. I can see behind the wheel and I have been trying for an hour to remove it. Has anyone else had dificulties. When I get one clp release and then go onto another the the one I removed pops back in grrrrrr