Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Haltech interceptor piggyback tuning

clyde1108

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS Ute
Hey guys, I have recently bought a VYII SS Ute and found out the hard way that I am only getting just over 250klms to a tank of fuel. my ute only has a Haltech interceptor and an exhaust system. really not happy with the poor economy so I am trying to zero out the settings of the interceptor. ive downloaded the software for it and for the serial to USB cable. but I am still unable to communicate with it via any of the COM settings. I am getting power to it and the plugs and cables are all in good condition. Has anyone encountered this issue? anyone know how to get it working correctly? I'm desperate to fix this as it is costing me a fortune using upto two tanks of fuel a week. :bang: :bang:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
why is there a piggy back haltec used on a vyss gen3 u get much better tunability using the stock ecu and hpt or efi, unless there is something wrong with the 02's u will get better economy removing it and going back to stock ecu if it's only had an exhaust

clyde1108

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS Ute
I have no idea why there is a piggy back in there, I bought if from a used car dealer so I can't even contact the idiot who got it fitted. I'm just looking to zero it out before I go through all the hassle of removing it. I think I've got the right driver. I'm using a Windows 7 PC and used the vista drive?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
can u monitor the 02's see if there operating properly