Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hates/Dislikes about the VF SII

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Wagon, VS UTE, 96 VS Senator
Currently looking into buying a SSV wagon and just wan to find out what some cons are about the car.
Its really easy to find lots of pros and why people love their cars. So post some cons or just general things you
dislike so I know what to look out for.

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
My link is average.

Park assist sensors are overly intrusive.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
MyLink's quirks are definitely the thing about the car which least-successfully hits the mark.

Those V8 bonnet vents spring to mind as the next worst thing, and given how trivial that is ...

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
MyLink's quirks are definitely the thing about the car which least-successfully hits the mark.

Those V8 bonnet vents spring to mind as the next worst thing, and given how trivial that is ...

My partner has a sri-v Cruze with the my link, never had a problem with it but never really used its full potential. Also I'm not a massive fan of the vents either, worst part is they aren't even vents they are just pieces of plastic glued to the bonnet. Lol Have been contemplating getting them removed.

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Love the car but climate control is hit and miss.

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
4 x 4 ground clearance.

Can anyone explain why? Was the Series 1 that high?

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Also I'm not a massive fan of the vents either, worst part is they aren't even vents they are just pieces of plastic glued to the bonnet. Lol Have been contemplating getting them removed.

They are actually vents that do go through to engine bay. Not just glued on top, to replace them you would need to buy a series 1 bonnet.

I actually didn't like them at first but they grew on me. Only due to the fact you can clearly tell a series 2 V8 apart from series 1 and series 2 V6's.

Cooling wise I don't think they do much unless your really pushing it on a track as they would aid with airflow from front bar.

Each to their own I guess.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Also I'm not a massive fan of the vents either, worst part is they aren't even vents they are just pieces of plastic glued to the bonnet. Lol Have been contemplating getting them removed.

I like the vents.

And you're incorrect, they are actually vents. Open the bonnet and you'll see a small plastic opening... plus I've shone a torch into it to make sure.

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
They are actually vents that do go through to engine bay. Not just glued on top, to replace them you would need to buy a series 1 bonnet.

I actually didn't like them at first but they grew on me. Only due to the fact you can clearly tell a series 2 V8 apart from series 1 and series 2 V6's.

Cooling wise I don't think they do much unless your really pushing it on a track as they would aid with airflow from front bar.

Each to their own I guess.

Well the more you know, didn't spend much time looking at them. Spent most of my time looking at it trying to find some reason why I shouldn't buy one, hence this post looking for other people's opinions.
Don't get me wrong though love these cars to bits just trying to look from all angles.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
The only real issue I have is the Mylink... it works.. but has it's quirks.