Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headlights no high beam for Toyota Camry LE 1999

J

jliu66

Hi, my friends,

I have a problem with my 1999 Toyota Camry LE:
both headlights do not have high beams when I turn the signal lever knob to high beams. I went to the mechanic. He told me it is bulb problem. Then I use the new one for both sides. It still does not have the high beam. Low beams for both sides are ok. I also found that the connector is dirty. Then I cleaned one of them. I put old bulb and new bulb in. It is still the same problem. They only have the low beams but no high beams.

What else could have cause this problem? Connector sacket or electric wiring?

Light bulbs: HB2 60/55 Watts H4

Any helps are great appreciated!!!

Best regards,

John

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Hmmm sounds like the relay has packed up and headed south, you will need to check that there is actually voltage getting to the relay first though. Try swapping the relays over with another one and see what happens. It's a fairly common problem on the Camry's rom memory.

Replace the relay my freind!

Also, try asking on a Toyota forum, you've found a Holden Commodore forum ;)

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
Sorry I can't help you mate but I was just wondering... are you from some sort of Camry/Toyota forum that has a link to this website? I'm just curious 'cause this is the fourth Camry thread I've seen in three days... :confused:

J

jliu66

Hi,

Thanks.

Actually, I searched the web and find this board. I saw the excellent explaination about one thread about headlights. I tried to fix my headlihts problem because the car failed in the state inspection.

There are three electric wires in the connector sacket. I tried to pull out one a time. In one case, the both filaments in the bulb light upat low brightness. In one case, only top filament in the bulb lights up but brigher than the first case. In the last case, there is no light or power at all. And in the brigher case, the voltage or brightness is the same level as I put all three wires into sacket.

Is the top or bottom one for the high beam when turned up? In which case, both filaments will light up?

I am not sure if it clearly explain the problem.