Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] heater issues

Lucifer666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Clubsport
Hi people hoping you can help me out. I've looked through other posts but can't find a problem like mine. I replace the heater tap on my VS Clubsport due to old one leaking. My problem is that I replaced it with new one but my heater control switch is working backwards/vaccum backwards. So cold position opens tap, hot closes tap but no hot air comes out unless i jam open tap and have control switch in hot position. Yes i installed it the right way just in case you ask. Thought it might be faulty tap so bought another one but same thing happens. I haven't touched anything else but the heater tap so don't know why it's doing this, the old one worked fine when it was on. I can't put it back on as i don't have it any more, so if anyone could help me out that would be great.

mattyb220992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
You've probably put the heater tap on upside down.

Scratch that. Just read your full post.

Lucifer666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Clubsport
I thought that too, but it made no difference. The vacuum should open the tap when you turn the dial to hot (is that correct). If so mine is working the other way, cold is opperating the vacuum and opening the tap but no heat. I've had to jam the tap open and have setting on hot to get heat through to vents.