Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hello from Autoglym Australia

Discussion in 'Autoglym' started by Autoglym, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Autoglym

Autoglym Member

Members Ride:
    VZ
    [​IMG]

Hello from Autoglym Australia, and we are proud to be a part of the forum. If you haven’t heard of us before, we are a manufacturer of car care products from exterior cleaners, detailing kits and polishes, to interior shampoos and leather protection products, with over 35 years of experience. Although Autoglym is based in the UK, today our name is recognised and respected for premium car care products the world over from America to Australia and everywhere in between.

[​IMG]

We began our quest to revolutionise car care in 1965 when founder Dennis Barley developed a unique system for renovating automotive paintwork. Our first range featured only 11 products, and were only available to professional valeters and detailers. Now we manufacture over 100 products for everyone and distribute to no fewer than 40 countries, with more than 20 vehicle manufacturers using Autoglym products for their own manufacturing and presentation processes.

[​IMG]

Since our inception we have also partnered with professional racing teams from grassroots motorsports all the way to Formula One. By doing so, we get access to the best technology and have a head start on development so only the best products are made available to you.

[​IMG]

We also take sustainability very seriously. At Autoglym we make sure we are doing our absolute best for the environment, so if any of our products don’t meet our strict set of criteria, then we go back to the drawing board and work hard until we are sure the result is environmentally sustainable.

[​IMG]

Our complete range of professionally proven car care products are designed to be safe, easy to use and the best performance. Whether you are the professional detailer, the automotive enthusiast or the family car owner, try Autoglym.

Follow us:
    Autoglym Australia Website: www.autoglym.com.au
    Official Autoglym Australia Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/AutoglymAustralia
    Official Autoglym YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/autoglym

We are here to help you.
    If you require car care advice, or are unsure on the right Autoglym product to use, please send us a PM or visit www.autoglym.com.au for more information.

2. Tatiana

Tatiana Russian Gymnast Staff Member

Members Ride:
    Bought a jeep
    Welcome to the forum.

3. Kunu

Kunu chasing the big 300!!!

Members Ride:
    97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby
    Welcome m8, I use autoglym n love the stuff :)

4. VS_Pete

VS_Pete Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
    Welcome to the forum.

5. davey g-force

davey g-force I'm a sceptic...

Members Ride:
    02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
    Welcome. I have used Autoglym products and have liked them.

6. Autoglym

Autoglym Member

Members Ride:
    VZ
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. We're glad to be supporting the Just Commodores community. Check back here as we'll be posting content regularly. Cheers

7. canners

canners Canners

Members Ride:
    VS V6 Statesman S3
    I also use these products on my car and my missus car as well. Best products on the market.:)

8. davey g-force

davey g-force I'm a sceptic...

Members Ride:
    02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
    ^^ Big call!

9. Autoglym

Autoglym Member

Members Ride:
    VZ
    Thanks for your feedback. We're glad you are enjoying Autoglym products.

10. Red Centre Bluey

Red Centre Bluey Member

Members Ride:
    Caprice WN, Caprice VR
    Morning!
    I have looked thru most of your posts here, explaining a little more about the various products, but I have two constant sources of grief that I need to know how to fix. My car is a working car so it shows problems a lot faster than most forumites would experience.

1: Our town has high-calcium content in the water supply, and darker cars will develop calcium water marks with ease, and then it also mars the brightwork and glasswork, even rapid removal with squeegee or similar tools don't always help. What to do? Time is of the essence too!

2: Alcantra interior trim material. Various places are subject to severe dirt buildups and look really bad, especially in the light Titanium colour that Holden have used. Around the keyless start button is one such problem area, and another one that took me awhile to figure the cause: Driver's door, you reach for the latch to open, then slide your arm/hand along in a pushing the door open action. The material gets grubby from the skin oils etc. What to do?

11. Autoglym

Autoglym Member

Members Ride:
    VZ
    Hey mate,

We'll try our best to answer your questions.

1: Over time, with the calcium buildup or just any environmental contaminants in general, it may be time to give your components a polish & wax. Remember, waxing your car may take a fair bit of time, but will stop contaminants sticking onto the bodywork which saves you time in future car washes!

With that said,
    - For bodywork, give your car a thorough wash followed by our Surface Detailing Clay Kit, If your car is relatively swirl-marks free you can go straight to using our High definition Wax or else you can polish your car with Super Resin Polish followed by High Definition Wax.

- With windows, if your windows are still full of grime and stains even after a good scrub using our Fast glass (Remember to soak the windows for a minute or two to allow the solution to do it's magic), it may be time to use our Glass Polish.
    http://www.blog.autoglym.com.au/how-to-remove-residue-from-your-windows/

- With Chrome works or areas such as side steps, bullbar, ute back tray, you can use our Super Resin Polish to polish off the stains.
    http://www.blog.autoglym.com.au/polishing-chrome-super-resin-polish/

2: As for Alcantara, luckily for you, we recently wrote an article for cleaning Alcanatara material. The Interior Shampoo solution is tough on stains and soft on the material. A light vacuum and wiping over the area with a damp cloth will help lift the stains as well as the fabric material making it look new again oppose to flat and shiny. You can read more about it here: http://www.blog.autoglym.com.au/how-to-clean-alcantara-clothinterior/

We hope that helps answer you questions, let us know how you go!
    Cheers,