Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help!!!!! Auto to manual

taelah101

Reaction score
Members Ride
JavaBeans
I have a 03 VY Commodore V6 sedan, i am just wonder what i need and how do i actually do (like the process) a Manual conversion? i am thinking about doing it mysef

Thanks....

Interloper94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Just think whats different on both cars? obvious stuff driveshaft, transmission including gear shifter, flex plate with a flywheel and clutch (not 100% here myself), then you need a different pedal box, clutch fluid reservoir needs to be installed, engine loom (long process) and pcm.
Out of curiosity why do you want a manual?

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
you'll find a hell of alot is different it will turn into a job from hell go and buy a manual if you want a manual will be easiest and cheaper in the long run

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
This is why the car culture is dying.

It's a reasonably big job, but if you want to take it on, do it. People modify cars because they want to, not because it's cheap. If everyone had the attitude of not bothering because it's either too big a job or too expensive then there would be very few "custom" cars on the road.

As above, starting from the engine, flywheel, clutch, gearbox, tail shaft, crossmember(?). You can modify the wiring loom and get the PCM retuned to suit manual, or if you are getting a donor car, use the loom, PCM/BCM/key head from that. Inside the car is the pedal box. You will need the clutch master cylinder and lines.

The easiest way is to find a manual car that is either written off or has a blown engine and use everything from that.