Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[202] Help for holden wb 1984 UTE

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
A 253 doesn't really go much better than a 202, and fuel economy isn't much different either.

I'd try and find a good efi 202 long motor, replace the bearings and rings, have the head shaved to get it to somewhere near 10-1 static compression, and run a crow 35604 cam. Run a 34adm weber off a falcon and the stock carby intake manifold (verajet).

I had that cam in my 202 and it was good fun to drive with the aussie 3 speed. I'd use it again for sure if I were to put another one together for a cruiser. I really like the sound of a cammed 202, and they can go really well if you do everything right.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
I've got a 34ADM if you want to stay with the 202.

mtmoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
1984 WB UTE
i cant change carby on blue motor illegal all polution rubish.. would have to change my wb to a hq.. lol

anyway i got some pics.. im going to talk to my dads race car engine builder to see what he has to say about 253's, 186's and 202's

these pics are accautly good

Imgur

imgur album of my car
P.S can someone help me with how to post pics on forum?

found both these intersting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQk5hJy78G0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu5l5s9EJl0

if i can make that power from a 202 id do that anyday plus its drivable on street so he says

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
i cant change carby on blue motor illegal all polution rubish.. would have to change my wb to a hq.. lol
Just hook the pollution gear up and it'll be fine. It's not legal for you to drive a modified car anyway and you're set on modifying it, so why would having the pollution gear removed bother you?

You need to do your own research and figure out which engine you want to use. There are thousands of threads on the web to help you decide. Gmhtorana forums, AV8 and JC are the main ones you should be searching to find the info you need.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
The 34ADM if from a XF Falcon, produced later the the WB and has all the emissions ports you need to be legal from that standpoint, P plates is another story. Basically follow Eyys advice, he's done this before.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
my dad wants me to stick with the 202 and just get some mods im thinking thats dumb because they are slow as balls, and from what i hear a 253 is slow to..

hmm il have to ask rms about that enginer thing and p platers
will get pics this avo

Well you have never seen a worked one then...

The 186 from my old torana replaced a 308 in a boat and it was just as quick.

The same work can be done to a 202, in fact the basis of the 186 I had was the 202 crank.

mtmoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
1984 WB UTE
i dont think any cop is going to pull the motor appart

i saw a 179 with a 202 crank and some comp 11-1 i think it was making near 300 hp

can i get that from a 202 if i put like 186 heads in it with a big cam?

mtmoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
1984 WB UTE
because i dont want a 90 kw in a 1.4 ton car

Last edited: