Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP How to clear "SERVICE VEHICLE SOON"

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
Try ultratune. They removed this error for a mate of mine using there scan tool.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
This has been dealt with on other posts.

You can't clear the SVS message with your dash buttons. The fault is often a dud oil pressure sender switch, located on the base of the oil filter. It requires a special socket to remove, costing around $18 from Repco, and the switch is about $120 and I think, only available from Holden. It is a very common fault with Alloytechs and this is probably the most likely cause of the error message. Replacing the switch (if it's faulty) will clear the message.

mattsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SENATOR

You can't clear the SVS message with your dash buttons. The fault is often a dud oil pressure sender switch, located on the base of the oil filter. It requires a special socket to remove, costing around $18 from Repco, and the switch is about $120 and I think, only available from Holden. It is a very common fault with Alloytechs and this is probably the most likely cause of the error message. Replacing the switch (if it's faulty) will clear the message.

100% Correct. Listen to this man!

DeathVZaudiO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Exec Sedan
To reset my service alert i hold down the two arrow keys, turn the ignition to the on position without starting the car and it beeps and says Reset service or something and then i just hold down the SET button for about 20 secs max, that clears it.

Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
To reset my service alert i hold down the two arrow keys, turn the ignition to the on position without starting the car and it beeps and says Reset service or something and then i just hold down the SET button for about 20 secs max, that clears it.

Are you talking about the service interval message (ie 60,000, 75,000 etc) or the "Service Vehicle Soon" message? The interval message can be cleared via the dash keys, the other one can't because it is telling you there is a fault somewhere and won't disappear until the fault is fixed.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI

Yes ur normal service intervals can be reset by the user. This thread is about the "Service vehicle soon" Msg, which cant be reset & has to be dealt with by Holden or a mechanic with Tech 2.

DeathVZaudiO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Exec Sedan
Ahhhh, excuse my ignorence, gotta slow down and read this stuff proper like.

blnls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS M6
It's not a service light!!!! It's a warning, There is a fault in the emission control system. Usually the fault is the oil pressure switch. I'm a mechanic and 90% of the time it's the oil pressure switch. It's on the front of the oil filter housing. 2 min job to change. But you will have to get the fault cleared from the ecm memory.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Bart.

I assume it's a alloytech v6?

fred321

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5 Litre
hi guys i have a 98 vt v6 wagon. It comes up with error in the instrument cluster. After a few k's of driving all the warning lights come on and the thermo fans go to a high roar. I took it to my mechanic and they said its a fault with the cluster. So they got me a good seconhand one with lower k's and fixed it for about a week. Now it comes and goes. The error code. The only codes they could get out of the ecm was "anti theft derterent signal missing." ? Can any one help? Cheers.

colin-commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6

100% correct. Switch was $92 from Holden and $20 for the kinchrome oil pressure switch socket. Took literally 2 mins to do. Ps. Don't do it once you've been driving alot of hot parts -.-