Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help! im a chick

V

V8chick

Hey guys, I dont know if this is going to sound really dumb or should I say female like lol. But could some explain to me about 'headers' in a 5l V8. What are they and where are they? Apparently, my car has got them but I dont know where?

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
headers are extractors or exhaust manifolds upgraded to flow better, does that help, do you want some pics?

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
here :) got any pics of this car with headers?

Last edited:
B

Benji...

Technically, extractors and headers are not the same. The pictures above are a good example, headers on the left and extractors in the middle.

Extracors are designed for power and to work where headers are designed to fit in tight spaces and still provide a little better breathing compared to bloody factory casties.

P

pest

Pretty much anything with pipes hanging off the sides of the engine will be alot better than the ugly brown cast manifolds.

There is one exception to this rule. The windsor(ford)EFi 5.0 had pipes that really look like 1st year apprentice extractors. This however will not concern you or any other person reading this post.

H

HIGH11

they make the engine breath a hell of a lot better :)
they bolt from the engine to the cat converter or cat converters to the exhaust

simmo

B

Big_Red

bahahahahaha rofl sorry but yeh headers are the metal pipes that come out of the side of the motor if its a v8 there will be 4 pipes either side its for the exhaust fumes to go somewhere.