Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help me please vy ls1 conversion

vyls1convo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ls1
Hey guys wondering if someone can help me I brought a 2003 vy ute. I did a conversion a few months ago to ls1 and was wondering why it feels so sluggish than i heard fuel pressure from a v6 fuel pump has less fuel pressure than the 58psi ls1s need. (The conversion was from a vy ss crewman) now the problem is I already scrapped the shell so I im able to compare the two or get the pump from that so I’m trying to find out if the fuel pump from say a vt/vy ls1 Sedan or even another crewman pump will fit in my vy Ute tank (v6) or how could I rectify this? different tank ? New pump if so what sort cheer

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Again. They use the same pump and assembly.

As per the other thread, my V6 uses the same pump assembly as a V8.

Reuse your original sender

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hey guys wondering if someone can help me I brought a 2003 vy ute. I did a conversion a few months ago to ls1 and was wondering why it feels so sluggish than i heard fuel pressure from a v6 fuel pump has less fuel pressure than the 58psi ls1s need. (The conversion was from a vy ss crewman) now the problem is I already scrapped the shell so I im able to compare the two or get the pump from that so I’m trying to find out if the fuel pump from say a vt/vy ls1 Sedan or even another crewman pump will fit in my vy Ute tank (v6) or how could I rectify this? different tank ? New pump if so what sort cheer
1702638758190.png

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
If your fuel pressure is down, the pump you’re using could easily be on the way out.

The filter could be blocked

The tank could be filled with detritus.

Just replace the fuel pump and assembly. Reuse your current sender.

Don’t over think it.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yep if u sit there idling pretty much any pump will make the 58psi, its just the more load/rpm where u will see it needing the higher flow pump, most of the v6 and v8 pumps are the same maby only the hose fittings were different so holden could sell two different parts

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Same fittings. Same fuel lines.

The only differences that exist is VZ are non return on V8 and V6.

VY have a return system.

The sender can be different. It’s easily swapped.

So when looking at pumps/assemblies, and aside of the **** brands, it’s the same part. Holden were not making 24 types.

Crewman and One Tonner use the same assembly. They differ from sedan/ute and wagon, in that they have the secondary line that pulls fuel from over the hump. The way the assembly is, you can use a sedan etc assembly and swap the relative bits over.

The sender reads the fuel differently on VZ to VY and that is easily avoided because almost all VZ are returnless, and have only one barb on the top. VY have three barbs and of course the sender will suit. All the same plugs too. Not only that the sender on Crewman and Tonner is suited to the unique volume it holds. As is the ute. It differs at the sender because of the slightly different volume to sedan.

They all fit sedan-crewman-ute etc.

Just get one with the correct number of barbs on the top. 3. Reuse your sender from the ute.