Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help nic design a new sub box

Monster-VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Acclaim Odyssey Blue
use thick wood maybe MDF and make sure it is stuck right so theres no vibration make sure its custom to fit ur boot so u can fit anything else in there instead of having a box in the middle of you boot and fit nothing in there

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
If your serious about bracing i would be looking to do more than just adding ribs.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Bunnings should have something decently thick. Which side of WA are you on? I'll take to some friends and see who stocks decent MDF.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
yeah i think he did it so it doesnt take up to much volume

Well out of all the rib sections you could make 1 or 2 H braces instead. The enclosure will still be larger internally than the last one, so it's still a step in the direction you want to go.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Bunnings should have something decently thick. Which side of WA are you on? I'll take to some friends and see who stocks decent MDF.

Do you know anyone in Cairns who will give me a good deal on MDF lol. I priced supply and cut the other day for a pair of 1200x600x600 and they wanted $445

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini

wen u say decent u just mean price yeah?

Do you know anyone in Cairns who will give me a good deal on MDF lol. I priced supply and cut the other day for a pair of 1200x600x600 and they wanted $445

Go 2 some1 who has cover sheets of MDF rather than buying full MDF sheets unmarked, u'll more than likely get them 4 nothing.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
ok so i a hopeing to get the wood and supplies b4 the end of this weekm, and i was just thinking of carpeting it. to make it look nice, i just don't know where you can buy Carpet from. if anyone knows, let us know plawx. :)

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
wen u say decent u just mean price yeah?
When I say decent, I mean thick, quality MDF.

ok so i a hopeing to get the wood and supplies b4 the end of this weekm, and i was just thinking of carpeting it. to make it look nice, i just don't know where you can buy Carpet from. if anyone knows, let us know plawx. :)

Nice work mate, what sort of wood are you going with? Buy carpet from me :p but I know Autobarn sells it, quite expensive ($40 per 2 x 1.5m Aerpro packs) but the carpet isn't overly bad, I've used it through my installs.