Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help.. VC Commodore, Horn won't work

commodorian1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
When I press down on the steering wheel the horn won't work. I'm not sure what it is. I recently degreased the engine and washed it off with water which caused problems with the idle solenoid but that is all good now. Could it be an issue of water in the electrics?

btw. its a vc commodore but has the engine from a vk in it (black, 202, carby)

Excale

Aussie N Proud!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 5sp Manual[SOLD], VN V6[SOLD],VR S 5sp
When I press down on the steering wheel the horn won't work. I'm not sure what it is. I recently degreased the engine and washed it off with water which caused problems with the idle solenoid but that is all good now. Could it be an issue of water in the electrics?

btw. its a vc commodore but has the engine from a vk in it (black, 202, carby)

When you press the horn button does it make a clicking sound? if it does, that's your relay telling you something is wrong. Make sure everything is plugged into the horn properly, it could be a faulty horn. Had the same problem in my old VL.

shifty6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 5spd
When you press the horn button does it make a clicking sound? if it does, that's your relay telling you something is wrong. Make sure everything is plugged into the horn properly, it could be a faulty horn. Had the same problem in my old VL.

wrong.
Relay's are supposed to make a clicking sound. that noise is the trigger coil closing the circuit.
check the connections to the horn.
test the horn by wiring it straight to the battery with some spare wire.
otherwise swap the relay for another one, or check for loose wires or cracked insulation.