Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Calais power seat issues

Chriscalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais VE 6.0 V8 2006
Hello Everyone,

Me and my Calais 6.0 V8 has been best mates until yesterday. Was just about to leave a big car park after a concert when the **** hits the fan, massive congestion out of the car park so I decide to take a quick rest and reclined the seat. When it was time to leave I tried to tilt it up again, it decides to stop moving not even half way up, 2 Hours driving like a low rider :p

Today I had a closer look, the electrical motors seems to work and there's no fuse gone off either. I can recline it but it stoppes at the same spot, tried to look for possible blockages but couldn't find any. The seat can move in all the other angles/directions except in a fully upright position.

I read the other threads in this forum related to this problem and it gave me some advice for the fault finding.

However, after trying everything and getting prepared to get robbed at the service centre I did one last try.....

Reclined the seat as far as possible, raised the seat as far as possible and repeated that around 10 times until I hear a crack and all of a sudden it works better than ever, haha I ran in to the house and opened a cold beer and thinking about playing the lottery tonight ;)

Also, I tried to get the seat manually upright by removing the plastic cover with the memory buttons and then tried to manipulate the reclining gear but with no result.

Anyway, just wanted to share my story about my problem and show sympathy for other Calais users who might end up with the same issue or have had the same issue.

Best regards,
Chris

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
I think the main problem with electric seats is that people arent taking their weight off while moving the seat. The mechanicals in the seat cant cope. Im noticing my CapriceV starting to make the cracking sound when moving the back of the seat from my wifes memory to mine.