Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Caprice Voice In Issue

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
I need help please. My caprice started playing up last two days. When I start up or switch off the car the radio comes up with "Voice In' and it tries to connect to the phone kit. But I dont have a phone kit installed. Its very puzzling.

Also, my right hand side passanger door wont open via the central locking system. Not sure if its related.

Its a WK caprice

I tried resetting the radio "Master Reset" but it didnt help. I'm thinking of disconnecting the car battery but I want to see if that would be a problem first. Is disconnecting the car battery a bad idea?

Oh, not sure if this helps but it is fitted with the factory Holden GPS system.

Last edited:

jujibelly

ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
Disconnecting the battery shouldn't be a problem if you have the radio code then you can punch it in afterwards.

Have you actually had a look in the manual? If not, I suggest you do that.

If all else fails a simple call to Holden should do.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Disconnecting the battery shouldn't be a problem if you have the radio code then you can punch it in afterwards.

Have you actually had a look in the manual? If not, I suggest you do that.

If all else fails a simple call to Holden should do.

I'm worried that if I disconnect the battery I might damaged the onboard computer. Any comments?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
I just noticed other things playing up with the stereo. They antenna does up when turning it off and there is a buzzing sounding coming out as if a phone was trying to connect but like I said there is no sound. The buzzing is there when radio and CDs are playing. Also the CD load button keeps flashing even when stereo is turned off.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
No damage to computers if you take off the battery terminal. Remove the positive terminal though. It would be like changing a battery effectivly, or having a flat battery. Just keep it disconnected for 10 minutes, put the terminal back on and see how that works. Fixed a few of my problems.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I need help please. My caprice started playing up last two days. When I start up or switch off the car the radio comes up with "Voice In' and it tries to connect to the phone kit. But I dont have a phone kit installed. Its very puzzling.

Also, my right hand side passanger door wont open via the central locking system. Not sure if its related.

Its a WK caprice

I tried resetting the radio "Master Reset" but it didnt help. I'm thinking of disconnecting the car battery but I want to see if that would be a problem first. Is disconnecting the car battery a bad idea?

Oh, not sure if this helps but it is fitted with the factory Holden GPS system.
Do you have the Holden Assist buttons on the mirror? It might have something to do with that. Mine has just started to play 12 loud beeps when I turn the car off and 5 loud beeps when I start it. It is getting really annoying. I'm sure it has something to do with the telephone side of the Holden Assist function. I don't subscribe to Holden Assist though. Unfortunately there is no mention of what the beeps mean in the owners manual. It doesn't even explain what the buttons on the mirror do. As a matter of fact I was thinking of starting a thread about it to see if anyone knows anything about it. Mine is a WH so it might be a bit different, my radio says "telephone" instead of "voice in".

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Do you have the Holden Assist buttons on the mirror? It might have something to do with that. Mine has just started to play 12 loud beeps when I turn the car off and 5 loud beeps when I start it. It is getting really annoying. I'm sure it has something to do with the telephone side of the Holden Assist function. I don't subscribe to Holden Assist though. Unfortunately there is no mention of what the beeps mean in the owners manual. It doesn't even explain what the buttons on the mirror do. As a matter of fact I was thinking of starting a thread about it to see if anyone knows anything about it. Mine is a WH so it might be a bit different, my radio says "telephone" instead of "voice in".

Yes, I do have the holden assist mirror and also not activated. I pulled the plug on the mirror but it didnt help.

So far what I've done;

* Reset computer to factory (via dash controls)
* Reset stereo (Press ON & 4 for three secs)
* Just now I've pulled out all the fuses relating to comp & radio. I'll leave it out for about 30 mins and reply to the post

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Do you have your radio code on hand because you will need it.
I disconnected my battery for about 30minutes earlier today but it didn't help either. I will try disconnecting the mirror also but that will mean losing the electochromatic mirror.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
..............In the VY/WK you shouldn't ever need to enter the radio code unless you put your radio in another car.
I did not know that. That's a good idea.